+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC code would be the best fit?

Kelvin08

May 7, 2018
Good afternoon everybody,

I am working in a small company that is providing logistics services for one sole retailer. I work in a distribution center office as an analyst and plan to apply through CEC in the End of May. However, there is no NOC that would fit me really well. I considered 1122 (management consultants). 1221 (admin officers), 1241.

Would you consider using any of those noc's?

Here are my responsibilities:

· Perform administrative activities related to the operations of an establishment

· Prioritize administrative tasks related to the facility operations and follow procedures accordingly with set deadlines and clients needs

· Gather various data and maintain a set of key business and operational periodic reports and correspondence customized to the needs of the company and its clients

· Maintain inventory control procedures

· Analyze facility operations, including performance and productivity data. Error rates and their root causes

· Administer and analyze the outbound shipments

· Assign administrative tasks to fellow analyst and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of work completed

· Create the processes of gathering supply chain data for demand planning purposes

Reactions: Emmy3662

Kelvin08

May 7, 2018
NOC 1215 ?
NOC 1215 seems more like supervisory. I am not directly supervising shippers, receivers and so on I basically analyze the operations processes of DC and create some work for them by creating shipments. I am more like on the administrative part of the distribution center.\

You think it is ok to pick NOC 1221 when applying? Would they consider my application if I I am actually falling under other NOC "B"? For example, 1215? Or its ok?

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
As long as you perform the majority of the duties laid out in the NOC definition and the employer letter reflects those duties you should be fine with 1221. I take your point about the supervisory element of 1215. In that 1221 is less specific to supply chain operations I would not see that as a problem as there are bound to be overlaps with more specific NOCs. HTH

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
NOC 1215 seems more like supervisory. I am not directly supervising shippers, receivers and so on I basically analyze the operations processes of DC and create some work for them by creating shipments. I am more like on the administrative part of the distribution center.\

You think it is ok to pick NOC 1221 when applying? Would they consider my application if I I am actually falling under other NOC "B"? For example, 1215? Or its ok?

The problem with 1221 is the duties are not a good match. Duties under 1215 are a better match, but if you are not a supervisor then IRCC will consider 1523 / 1524 - which are not eligible (Skill Level C). 1215 is supervisory, not "manager" (0731), so if you can play up the areas where you have authority (not only over people but maybe processes) it might work.

Reactions: monkeyspanner

Kelvin08

May 7, 2018
The problem with 1221 is the duties are not a good match. Duties under 1215 are a better match, but if you are not a supervisor then IRCC will consider 1523 / 1524 - which are not eligible (Skill Level C). 1215 is supervisory, not "manager" (0731), so if you can play up the areas where you have authority (not only over people but maybe processes) it might work.
I am actually doing much more than those of NOC 1523/1524. I am doing just some of it and also provide analysis and administrative support to the management. I think my job is skilled enough to qualify for pr Plus I forgot to mention this duty when I copy pasted my job tasks:
· Oversee the flow of work for the administrative operations of an establishment and implement new procedures and processes for a better performance

I talked to the immigration consultant and they advised me to apply under 1221, and now I am confused.

Kelvin08

May 7, 2018
Hi! Do you think 1241 is a better fir than 1221? My job is a bit more analytical than 1241... 1241 seems a bit too clerical to be honest, and is it fine that I am performing lots of industry related tasks (like a supply chain and operations in this case) when choosing NOC 1221 or 1241?

Shahab_afshar

Dec 26, 2018
Hi everybody,

I'm a bit confused about selecting my job NOC. I'm working in a retail company and I'm head of logistics planning but I'm working under the supervision of Planning Manager. Which NOC should I select? 0731 or 1215?

Emmy3662

Mar 18, 2019
Hi ! Did you figure out which NOC code suited you best? :)
I’m currently have the exact same work responsibilities as you and am struggling to find a NOC code that suits me best!

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hi, Could you take a look at my NOC and Job duties as well? I am applying for NOC 1215.
Title: Coordinator
Duties:
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams such as Production, Logistics and Administration.
• Supervising and ensuring available inventory stock, production plans and order confirmation.
• Coordinate with production team to ensure all the logos and design adhere to Canadian regulations.
• Review shipping documentation, such as Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, Packing Lists, Canada Customs and Certificate of Origin.
• Analyze and create effective ways to improve day to day operational objectives and improve efficiency.
• Train and educate team members on job duties, customs procedures, documentation and other policies.
• Maintain and improve the overall work process in terms of communication, accuracy and time management

Do they match? Can I proceed with this NOC? Please help.

• Sad
Reactions: abibur rahman

abibur rahman

Feb 7, 2021
What is your total CRS score ?Have you received your PR ?

I am first stage for applying PR

Can you pls share your experience ??