+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC Code should be Used for Primary Occupation?

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
Hi All,

I am an Indian Chartered Accountant and total work experience falls under 2 NOC Code:-

a) NOC Code 1111- This includes my Internship period and after that 3 years of work experience. In total, I have 5.5 years of work experience which falls under this code.

b) NOC Code 0111- Currently I am working as Finance Controller in one company and I 1 year 10 months of work experience which falls under this code?

I want to confirm which NOC code i should use for my primary occupation? If i use 0111 (My current profile) will it impact my application/ Score in any way? As i have less experience under this category.

Yash

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi All,

I am an Indian Chartered Accountant and total work experience falls under 2 NOC Code:-

a) NOC Code 1111- This includes my Internship period and after that 3 years of work experience. In total, I have 5.5 years of work experience which falls under this code.

b) NOC Code 0111- Currently I am working as Finance Controller in one company and I 1 year 10 months of work experience which falls under this code?

I want to confirm which NOC code i should use for my primary occupation? If i use 0111 (My current profile) will it impact my application/ Score in any way? As i have less experience under this category.
Yash
you could use either of the NOCs as primary as long as you can provide proof of 1 year continuous experience with those job duties.
it will not have an impact on your score, as total foreign experience is going to be the same regardless of which you claim to be your primary NOC

Reactions: hope2018

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
you could use either of the NOCs as primary as long as you can provide proof of 1 year continuous experience with those job duties.
it will not have an impact on your score, as total foreign experience is going to be the same regardless of which you claim to be your primary NOC
Ok So primary NOC code can be anything? Also in my EE profile i have mentioned Primary NOC as 0111. Can i change that to 1111 in my PR profile?

Yash

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Ok So primary NOC code can be anything? Also in my EE profile i have mentioned Primary NOC as 0111. Can i change that to 1111 in my PR profile?

Yash
yes that's not an issue. however I would still explain it in the LOE. but from what I've read around in these forums, you can change it in the application.

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
yes you can do as @viki1805 said. But do also make sure both of the NOC are of skill type 0, A or B.
Hi,

Would you be able to explain in brief how this NOC and Primary NOC process works? I am still confused between total experience and experience in your Primary NOC. Which one is more important?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

Would you be able to explain in brief how this NOC and Primary NOC process works? I am still confused between total experience and experience in your Primary NOC. Which one is more important?
To be eligible, you should have atleast 12 months continous experience on your primary NOC. So choose one on which you have that experience. Your total experience is sum of all your experiences across various NOC.

Junaidch1

Nov 4, 2019
I have applied Express Entry under CEC and got Invitation to Apply as well. But while I was going through my profile , I just noticed something that I selected my Primary occupation as NOC 0 (Managers Category). While in my total 1 year experience I have 6 months experience in NOC0 And 6 months in NOCB. Also my current job comes under NOCB. So should I change my Primary Occupation to other NOCB (Match to my current Job) or it doesnot matter?
What should I do.
Please help me out here. As now I need to submit all the documents within 60 days. And I don't want to mess it up.
Thankyou

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
I have applied Express Entry under CEC and got Invitation to Apply as well. But while I was going through my profile , I just noticed something that I selected my Primary occupation as NOC 0 (Managers Category). While in my total 1 year experience I have 6 months experience in NOC0 And 6 months in NOCB. Also my current job comes under NOCB. So should I change my Primary Occupation to other NOCB (Match to my current Job) or it doesnot matter?
What should I do.
Please help me out here. As now I need to submit all the documents within 60 days. And I don't want to mess it up.
Thankyou
hi, i am in same situation. what did you do for that? please help me

Junaidch1

Nov 4, 2019
hi, i am in same situation. what did you do for that? please help me
I searched on it and tried to understand the eligibility criteria for each classification i.e Federal skilled, CEC etc. So it is very clear from CIC website the each category has different eligibility criteria. If you are applying under CEC class then you don't need to worry about your Primary NOC. It can be any one whichever you think you have most experience. This Primary NOC only matters for those who are applying under Federal Skilled worker category. If you check CIC website and read the eligibility criteria of each EE category then you will see for class CEC there is nothing mention regarding Primary NOC. For CEC , it is only required that you must have one year experience under NOC 0,A or B. Hope that helps.

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
I searched on it and tried to understand the eligibility criteria for each classification i.e Federal skilled, CEC etc. So it is very clear from CIC website the each category has different eligibility criteria. If you are applying under CEC class then you don't need to worry about your Primary NOC. It can be any one whichever you think you have most experience. This Primary NOC only matters for those who are applying under Federal Skilled worker category. If you check CIC website and read the eligibility criteria of each EE category then you will see for class CEC there is nothing mention regarding Primary NOC. For CEC , it is only required that you must have one year experience under NOC 0,A or B. Hope that helps.
Thanks alot...yes,m applying under CEC... :)