+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is the Best month of the year to migrate to Canada ?

Neha Vikas

Feb 27, 2017
Hi,

Say if i get PR visa stamped in October and work in IT field.

Is it fine to migrate to canada in the period of Oct-Dec or wait till feb/march of next year and then move to canada ??

Please suggest what is the rate of hiring for IT field in Oct - Dec ? Is it worth to move to canada on PR visa in search of Job in the period - Oct-Dec ??

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi,

Say if i get PR visa stamped in October and work in IT field.

Is it fine to migrate to canada in the period of Oct-Dec or wait till feb/march of next year and then move to canada ??

Please suggest what is the rate of hiring for IT field in Oct - Dec ? Is it worth to move to canada on PR visa in search of Job in the period - Oct-Dec ??
It really depends on what is important to you. The ideal time to move to Canada is in the spring so that you have time to get used to the weather. I've seen people move in the middle of winter and they are miserable. That said, hiring is typically slower in the summer than in the fall or in early Jan., so again, it depends on whether you are more interested in settling in or finding a job.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
As soon as you get everything sorted out at home. The earlier you put yourself in the job market, the better chance you get hired

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Summer season is the best. Winter is harder to find a job.

I'm a landed immigrant already.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
I agree with not coming near or in winter, you need to climatize slowly, and best time to look for jobs is spring or fall, in Oct-Dec nothing happens, everybody is in holiday mode ;)

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
But you can and should definitely start looking for a job from your country when you know you are close to moving, don´t wait until you get here, it´s useful to start developing a network of connections so it´s faster when you are here, and you could also already make appointments for interviews.