04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello!

We just got our PPR!!! Our VO is in another (neighboring) country, so we were planning on mailing the passport there to get the visa. However, it was suggested that picking up in person is a faster option.

Does anyone know if it's faster to pick-up the visa in person, or have it mailed? Or does it depend on the VO?
Any idea how long the wait time is if it's dropped off in person?

Our VO is Amman in case anyone has any experience with them!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
angryrectangle said:
Hello!

We just got our PPR!!! Our VO is in another (neighboring) country, so we were planning on mailing the passport there to get the visa. However, it was suggested that picking up in person is a faster option.

Does anyone know if it's faster to pick-up the visa in person, or have it mailed? Or does it depend on the VO?
Any idea how long the wait time is if it's dropped off in person?

Our VO is Amman in case anyone has any experience with them!
First off, congratulations on PPR.

If you go there in person, you get same day service. You drop the passport off in the morning (look at the website for opening times) and you pick it up on the same day together with the COPR. Our VO is also in a neighboring country, so we drove from Germany to Vienna (mini-vacation).

But you must check the PPR email to see if your VO offers this type of service. In the PPR email I received, it listed several options of mailing the passport and at the end it said: "If you want same day service, please come to our office in person".

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Avadava said:
First off, congratulations on PPR.

If you go there in person, you get same day service. You drop the passport off in the morning (look at the website for opening times) and you pick it up on the same day together with the COPR. Our VO is also in a neighboring country, so we drove from Germany to Vienna (mini-vacation).

But you must check the PPR email to see if your VO offers this type of service. In the PPR email I received, it listed several options of mailing the passport and at the end it said: "If you want same day service, please come to our office in person".
Thanks so much!

Is it guaranteed same-day service at all VOs? I'm concerned since the email said "when you drop off the passport you will then be notified of a time and date of pick-up"..

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
angryrectangle said:
Thanks so much!

Is it guaranteed same-day service at all VOs? I'm concerned since the email said "when you drop off the passport you will then be notified of a time and date of pick-up"..
I'm not sure if all VOs guarantee the same day service. My email specified "same day service", but if your email says you will be given a date and time, then I'm not sure.

I went there in the morning at 8 am, gave them my passport and they told me to come back same day at 3 pm. So I was given a time for pick up, but it was on the same day. Maybe if you tell them that you are coming from abroad, they will give it back to you on the same day. Try to ask people who have been to your VO in person.