Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
This question is situation dependent. In your case, it looks like you have a good situation and would stay in India (if I were making a decision). However, I'd go with Canada for the average case scenario.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
One cannot compare these two countries with each other. It is like comparing apples with bananas.

You have to do what feels right, we cannot tell you what to do. If we do tell you to come to Canada and you fail, you blame us. If we tell you to stay in India and you never get to Canada, even it was your dream, you will blame us, too.

So? Your decision!

ITProf

Jul 7, 2015
I'm sure this question haunts everyone who is willing to immigrate to a foreign country.

Can the folks who have migrated to Canada from India kindly throw some light on the below. I'm sure it would be helpful for all the aspiring immigrants.

1. How easy it is for a skilled IT professional (especially somebody having .net experience) to find a job in IT in Canada?
2. How do you find the work culture in Canada compared to that in India?
3. To get a job in Canada, do we need to be physically there or employers are willing to take interviews on skype?
4. Is Canada a place where you are willing to spend your life after retirement?

Thanks.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
surajpreet1962 said:
I am confused about my decision. Me & my wife both having Government Job in India, having Rs.80,000/- per month family income. Also have PR in Canada. We have 4 year old daughter. According to facts seen, that future in Canada secure for children. It's really tough for me to choose the right one (INDIA or CANADA). Please suggest me expert advice, what is best for me &my family.
Right now, we both are 32 and have Bachelor's Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
You and your wife are just 32yrs and one child.i advice to go to canada and you will surely survive.if after 4years and your still struggling,come back to india and you will surely get a better job as canadians

bindudhiman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
TLU 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
01-12-2015 hurrayyy..
What do you mean by "cleaning toilets in Canada"
Are you cleaning toilets in Canada? or every Indian who has migrated to Canada is cleaning toilets.

GTO911 said:
If you are willing to clean toilets than cool because in Canada your degrees or experience will not be recognized

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
bindudhiman said:
What do you mean by "cleaning toilets in Canada"
Are you cleaning toilets in Canada? or every Indian who has migrated to Canada is cleaning toilets.
That was probably an extreme example, it might happen for some.. but ofcourse its not the default scenario...not the ones i know at least. I have a few indian friends who have been here less than 2 years and so far have managed to settle well and have found very good jobs (one is a director, believe it or not).

Many forum members tend to write: "if you are doing well in country x, then don't come to Canada, however if you are not doing well then the right choice is to immigrate"...i believe the opposite is true.

If you couldn't succeed in your own home country - jobwise, then how do you expect to succeed in a country as competitive as canada? While even having to overcome additional barriers such as language, culture, lack of professional network, lack of canadian experience, ..etc. If you are "well above average" in your home country - its a indicator that you (most probably) have skill-sets to offer which most people don't possess. Given that context then yes...it makes sense to immigrate as there's a chance to compete in the job market.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surajpreet1962 said:
I am confused about my decision. Me & my wife both having Government Job in India, having Rs.80,000/- per month family income. Also have PR in Canada. We have 4 year old daughter. According to facts seen, that future in Canada secure for children. It’s really tough for me to choose the right one (INDIA or CANADA). Please suggest me expert advice, what is best for me &my family.
Right now, we both are 32 and have Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
In general, Canada is way ahead of India in many rankings, for example, in Human Development Canada is ranked 8th, while India is at a poor 135. Similar trend can be observed in transparency and other factors.
https COLON //en DOT wikipedia DOT org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

It is difficult for others to answer what is best for you and your family. In my opinion, education in Canada for your daughter will be much better than what is available, and what you can afford in India. The school, college and university quality in India is nowhere compared to any developed country. Even IITs/IIMs are not in Top 100s and only 2 or 3 in Top 500s in the world, while Canada has atleast 15 universities in Top 200.

If we don't have Canada aspirations, we won't be there in this forum. Your income level in India is less, and growth in government jobs are linear, so I don't know when you'll grow to earn about 200,000 lakhs per month which is a globally competitive pay scale. With your salary, and with the Indian currency rate where it is today, you can't travel abroad for a holiday for example. Such things are possible with a Canadian salary, although expenses will be higher too.

explorer

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: Jun-10
File Transfer...
Mar-10
Med's Request
June-12
Med's Done....
July-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Jan-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2013
200,000 lakhs per month ?

number411 said:
In general, ......... be higher too.

fzn

May 26, 2015
ITProf said:
I'm sure this question haunts everyone who is willing to immigrate to a foreign country.

Can the folks who have migrated to Canada from India kindly throw some light on the below. I'm sure it would be helpful for all the aspiring immigrants.

1. How easy it is for a skilled IT professional (especially somebody having .net experience) to find a job in IT in Canada?
2. How do you find the work culture in Canada compared to that in India?
3. To get a job in Canada, do we need to be physically there or employers are willing to take interviews on skype?
4. Is Canada a place where you are willing to spend your life after retirement?

Thanks.

Even I would like to get answers to these questions

Hyd306

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2015
Doc's Request.
Sep 24, 2015 and Oct 20, 2015 sent last docs on October 26
AOR Received.
May 28, 2015
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015 - In Process since Sept 5, 15
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 29, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 20, 2015
LANDED..........
First Week of January, 2016
fzn said:
Even I would like to get answers to these questions
I have been living in Canada for several years. I am a Civil Engineer and did my masters and after few years MBA from Canadian schools.

If you have no intention to go back to school for masters, stay in India as it would be extremely hard for you to get a engineering position without masters.

If you are willing to invest two years and some money in education, do move to Canada. Then after few years when you would became a citizen, the whole world would be open for you. You would be able to get a very handsome salary anywhere in Middle East or in India with Canadian education and citizenship.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
A similar case with me:
Combined salary of my family (Wife and me): is close to INR 200k per month

We are very comfortable financially and are able to afford holidays, house rent and an above avg lifestyle without thinking twice

However, when i look at the lifestyle (clean air, safety, houses, cars) my friends have, I feel moving to Canada makes sense. If i was able to succeed in the cut-throat education and corporate culture in India, I think i can do well in Canada too.

My worry is my job code (1112). Financial world is crumbling in Canada and it may be a drag for me. However, I am optimistic about it.

Pls make sure if ur skill sets are currently required in Canada or not. Plus also check if you have enough support system back in India, just in case things don't work out.