+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is Better INDIA or CANADA

surajpreet1962

Apr 22, 2015
I am confused about my decision. Me & my wife both having Government Job in India, having Rs.80,000/- per month family income. Also have PR in Canada. We have 4 year old daughter. According to facts seen, that future in Canada secure for children. It’s really tough for me to choose the right one (INDIA or CANADA). Please suggest me expert advice, what is best for me &my family.
Right now, we both are 32 and have Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
India is better. Very difficult to get a good job in Canada now. Also winter is horrible in Canada.

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
surajpreet1962 said:
I am confused about my decision. Me & my wife both having Government Job in India, having Rs.80,000/- per month family income. Also have PR in Canada. We have 4 year old daughter. According to facts seen, that future in Canada secure for children. It's really tough for me to choose the right one (INDIA or CANADA). Please suggest me expert advice, what is best for me &my family.
Right now, we both are 32 and have Bachelor's Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.

If I am in your position I might settle in India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The OP + his wife's combined monthly income works out to barely CAD 1500..... which I presume is pre-tax. However, if these combined salaries are post-tax then his situation is marginally better.

Tax liabilities would work out to 20-30% depending on the tax investments made/rebates available/tax slabs applicable to a woman, etc

Even if the OP + his wife's stated incomes are post-tax, it is quite low as compared to similar jobs in the Indian corporate sector for his/his wife's qualifications.... perhaps, the OP enjoys other perquisites like subsidized/free government housing, transportation, etc. depending on the government organization where he and his wife are employed.

In any case, one has to keep in mind inflation rates, rising cost of living, etc in India and assess if the CAD 1500 is adequate or not. Also, career progression + salary increases may not happen quickly in government organizations due to various rules

Maybe the OP is seeking advice to understand if Canada will offer better opportunities for him/his wife as compared to his current situation

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
surajpreet1962 said:
I am confused about my decision. Me & my wife both having Government Job in India, having Rs.80,000/- per month family income. Also have PR in Canada. We have 4 year old daughter. According to facts seen, that future in Canada secure for children. It's really tough for me to choose the right one (INDIA or CANADA). Please suggest me expert advice, what is best for me &my family.
Right now, we both are 32 and have Bachelor's Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
For you and your wife, India, at least in the near term (~5 years). For your daughter, Canada for the long run obviously. If you are adventurous and ready to embrace a harsher life for 5 years for your daughter and maybe future children, come to Canada!