+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is better- advanced diploma or degree?

lee_guy001

Aug 3, 2011
hi...could u please tell me what is better a adv. diploma in life sciences or a bachelor's degree as far as future prospects of obtaining canadian citizenship are concerned.
no doubt i'l get a 2 yr work permit after completing 2 yr diploma but what after that? ??? ??? ???
i cant afford to come back after pursuing my study from such a reputed country.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both are better from all the perspectives-life sciences very good but bachelors in WHAT?

After that plan to settle down....in canada if you want to.

Once you are here you shal learn a lot of things and those mountains will be small stones.

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Hi there - a Bachelors Degree is better, an advanced diploma is however still very good and considered to be one step before a Bachelors Degree - for example i was doing a Bachelors Degrree in Business and Finance and got offered a good job after my second year of a 3 year degree- i had good enough marks to get an advanced diploma ( known as a Higher National Diploma in the UK or HND) and have never had a problem with it.

Thought most employers unless you have a lot of relavant work experience would prefer the degree, the diploma is all good - it might be that with a years further study you could make that diploma a degree if you see what i mean.

Anyway just some advice :)

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
richardo3 said:
Hi there - a Bachelors Degree is better, an advanced diploma is however still very good and considered to be one step before a Bachelors Degree - for example i was doing a Bachelors Degrree in Business and Finance and got offered a good job after my second year of a 3 year degree- i had good enough marks to get an advanced diploma ( known as a Higher National Diploma in the UK or HND) and have never had a problem with it.

Thought most employers unless you have a lot of relavant work experience would prefer the degree, the diploma is all good - it might be that with a years further study you could make that diploma a degree if you see what i mean.

Anyway just some advice :)
few qns pls:
1. can one do 3 yrs advanced diploma then do Post Graduate?
2. If one has completed 3 yrs advanced diploma then he/she has to start form yr 1 of bachelors or some allowance in 2nd / 3rd yr in degree is given?

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Hi - in some instances you could, some no. Sorry to not be abkle to answer but different courses and colleges/universities have different requirements for progressing on courses which can be different depending on the subject to be studied as well.

Unless their is a lecturer/teacher on this site i would go directly to the college/university and speak to them about your options, that way you will know 100% what you can do. But your point 2 below about stating a bachelors in year 2 or 3 having previously got a diploma is very likely but again depends on the subject.

I hope this helps but i don't want to ill inform you!

:)

DavidMike

Mar 5, 2018
There is no big difference apart the time period for both the degrees. Better to go for degree to open up more opportunities.