+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which documents to send to show our ability to financially support to the family

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
hi dear friends, i came to the forum after a long time. if anybody knows please let me know which i have to send as proofs to show our ability to financially support myself, my husband & the kids once i go to canada?
i'm the applicant (wife) my husband is the sponsor. He came to visit me & stayed here. he is a canadian citizen. but now he is in my country for 51\2 months. now they ask us to prove that how we suppose to survive once we come to canada.
please if anybody has an idea which documents we have to send, let me know. replies are much appreciated. thnx

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if this sounds like an obvious question, but...

Since he is a Canadian citizen, can he not find a job to support you and your family in Canada?
If he can...problem solved, right??

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Ponga said:
Sorry if this sounds like an obvious question, but...

Since he is a Canadian citizen, can he not find a job to support you and your family in Canada?
If he can...problem solved, right??
thank you very much for the reply first
yes he can find a job in canada. and also he did his self employment & another job before he came to visit me. but he has to pay his family maintenance to his kids from his previous marriage & he is short of his payments due to his visitation here in these days. i have some kind of income in my country & though i go to canada i can use that income from here too. and also i can work in canada once i go to canada. we have more kids from this marriage. so we have to show how we suppose to financially support everybody in my family & do the family maintenance once we go to canada.
i need to know how we prove that we work in canada once we go to canada & not going to ask any social assistance. i have lands in my country & i,m hoping to sell them before i go to canada. so then i dont need to worry when i go & start our new life in canada. but how we prove that we are going to do like that? they need us to prove the ways we have the ability to financially support our family.
if you have any other idea please let me know.
thnx again.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gango girl said:
hi dear friends, i came to the forum after a long time. if anybody knows please let me know which i have to send as proofs to show our ability to financially support myself, my husband & the kids once i go to canada?
i'm the applicant (wife) my husband is the sponsor. He came to visit me & stayed here. he is a canadian citizen. but now he is in my country for 51\2 months. now they ask us to prove that how we suppose to survive once we come to canada.
please if anybody has an idea which documents we have to send, let me know. replies are much appreciated. thnx
Except for the past 5 1/2 months, I assume he's been working and doing income tax while living in Canada? You could show his incomes from the past few years, and indicate he would get the same type of job/income again after returning to Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say that he is "short of his payments" regarding child support (I guess it's called family maintenance in Canada)...that could potentially be a problem with him sponsoring you, if any legal action has been taken by his previous spouse. I may be incorrect, but I seem to recall reading [somewhere] that this could prevent a sponsor from being approved.

Is he just a bit behind in his payments, or is it a bigger issue? I don't mean to add to your already elevated stress, but wanted to have you clarify for the senior members here that will know for sure. My apologies if I have this information all wrong!

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Except for the past 5 1/2 months, I assume he's been working and doing income tax while living in Canada? You could show his incomes from the past few years, and indicate he would get the same type of job/income again after returning to Canada.
thnx for the reply Rob_TO
yes he was in canada for about 20 yrs. he has never gone for the social assistance though he had many hard times in canada. he has done his income tax every year. we have already showed the income taxes and got approved for the sponsorship too.
but now they are asking us again to show the ability of financial once we go to canada. do you think that is enough to show that he will work back in canada?
any more ideas please
thnx again

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Ponga said:
When you say that he is "short of his payments" regarding child support (I guess it's called family maintenance in Canada)...that could potentially be a problem with him sponsoring you, if any legal action has been taken by his previous spouse. I may be incorrect, but I seem to recall reading [somewhere] that this could prevent a sponsor from being approved.

Is he just a bit behind in his payments, or is it a bigger issue? I don't mean to add to your already elevated stress, but wanted to have you clarify for the senior members here that will know for sure. My apologies if I have this information all wrong!
hi ponga thnx again
he is behind some months as he was here for few months. but we are already approved for sponsoring. now i'm in the end of this process & now i have to show the ways we are going to support the kids from my husband's previous marriage (family maintenance) & support my self, my husband & our kids. we can work in canada. & also i have income here. my parents are willing to support us while we are living in canada. i dont know what else we can show?
i'm going to sell 1 of my lands & other house is built in these days for give it for rent. so we have enough to live in canada & in my country as well. but how we show them to CIC?