+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which country has more oppotunities in IT?

lqin83

Jul 23, 2008
Australia or Canada?

I want to know which one of the two countries has better job market in IT industry. I am specialized in J2EE application and working in IBM China.. Thanks for your advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think anybody would really know that unless they did IT and happened to have tried both countries. Have you looked for jobs online in both countries? You could be able to see from there.

lqin83

Jul 23, 2008
It's hard to compare number of opportunities online. In term of economy as whole, which one do you think is stronger?

anyone here working in IT industry?

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
You should not make a decision based on job opportunities, you better decide which country you most like, which one offers better quality or life for you, it will be the place you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

Cheers!

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
AlberMex said:
You should not make a decision based on job opportunities, you better decide which country you most like, which one offers better quality or life for you, it will be the place you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

Cheers!
I agree! because if you do, you'll just end up miserable and frustrated...

Also, if you are planning to migrate to another country, you have to be flexible enough to the job opportunities not limited to your experience. Your knowledge is an asset but don't expect to land a job that you 100% want and in-line with your background...

kappal_tero_deekra

Jul 12, 2007
I don't think it is "country" but "age". After 40 the opportunities dry up fast. Before that age I am sure you can get some sort of job. This is the same the world over. Beware should you be 40 or nearing that age, and especially if you are over 40. It seems that employers would rather hire younger workers with less pay but with the newer knowledge. My husband is in IT and we have suffered.