+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Certificate Programs Are Eligible?

tigerb

Sep 16, 2015
Hey folks,

I'm stuck and would appreciate feedback from those who might've dealt with this situation before. Under the education category of express entry there's an option which states, "i have two or more degrees, diplomas or certificates, with at least one being three years in duration." I would like to know what CIC means when they say "certificate"? Are there any specific requirements, such as program has to be for a minimum duration? I have a four years undergraduate bachelor's degree from Canada, but I'd like to up my points by enrolling in a certificate program in Canada. This would be a certificate, which I will take less than one year to complete.

Is there anyone on her who selected the above mentioned option under education in express entry? Please let me know. I'll really appreciate it!

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
In my case, I have a canadian bachelors degree and a one-year associate certificate(3 semesters) from BCIT, and i chose the two or more degrees option, and my application was successful. I got my PR already.

I would at least make sure that the program is for at least one year though and not online ...

ros_freeman

May 22, 2018
In my case, I have a canadian bachelors degree and a one-year associate certificate(3 semesters) from BCIT, and i chose the two or more degrees option, and my application was successful. I got my PR already.

I would at least make sure that the program is for at least one year though and not online ...
Hi there, I am planning to take the 1year full-time course at BCIT. It's called "communication design essentials". I also have a 4yr Bachelors from outside Canada and I also have ECA for that. My question is, if I apply via express entry after completing my course at BCIT, will I get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees."? I mean how do I check that if that program eligible to get points in CRS?