+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Buffalo/Niagara Border Crossing is Best?

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
I am just thinking ahead and was wonder what people's experiences were with each border crossing? Peace Bridge, Rainbow Bridge and Queenston-Lewiston?

My hubby will be crossing over in September to stay with me until the PR process is completed and I don't want too much hassle if one crossing is worse than others.

We have taken all three for visiting, I prefer Peace and my hubby likes Queenston. But for this "move" I want to make sure we have little issues.

Any experiences with these three at all?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I listen to the radio and for some reason the Queenston bridge has a long wait every single time I cross, so I've never tried there.

I crossed back and forth twice a month in Buffalo/Niagara for a couple of years and almost always used the Peace Bridge. I never got trouble or sent to secondary. The only time I crossed alone on the Rainbow bridge I was sent to secondary.. but that's just my experience.

I crossed over to wait out the process in Buffalo and she just asked if I was 'moving in'. I said no and that was it.. I'm crossing over again for the long weekend to have my wedding reception, so I'll let you know if I have a different experience on the way back in :)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I almost always use Queenston/Lewiston (which is under construction and I think nearly finished) because I am usually going to Niagara Falls Blvd to my US bank or to the Buffalo airport. I did attempt to cross at the Peace Bridge last summer when I drove up through Erie, but I was refused entry (I didn't have my evidence at hand). I drove to Lewiston and was waved right through.

I also listen to the radio (Jazz fm does traffic and crossing reports) as I'm approaching and have not had to wait longer than 30 minutes. BUT, it all depends on what time you are crossing. Watch out for holiday weekends. Also, between 3 and 6 pm on Friday is NOT a good time to leave Canada especially in the summer time. Same is true heading back into Canada on a Sunday afternoons because of weekend travelers. I'm not sure what it is like at rush hours, but the times I've crossed at mid morning have been fine.

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
AllisonVSC said:
I also listen to the radio (Jazz fm does traffic and crossing reports) as I'm approaching and have not had to wait longer than 30 minutes. BUT, it all depends on what time you are crossing. Watch out for holiday weekends. Also, between 3 and 6 pm on Friday is NOT a good time to leave Canada especially in the summer time. Same is true heading back into Canada on a Sunday afternoons because of weekend travelers. I'm not sure what it is like at rush hours, but the times I've crossed at mid morning have been fine.
Yea, I her you on that one. Those crossings get insane somtimes.

So it seems they all have their ups and downs, guess we will just do an eenie meenie miny mo when we do his "move" up here. Visiting is easy to choose, just scared that this one will be a pain. I will be with him as well in my car. He is driving his car to Chicago and then flying back into Buffalo to meet me.