+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Auto Insurance do you use?

newcanuck2021

Jun 3, 2021
Hello Everyone, I just moved to Canada this week to the GTA. Which auto insurance do you folks use and how much do you pay monthly?
I wanted to get an idea of what people are paying to evaluate the quotes I'm getting.
Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, I just moved to Canada this week to the GTA. Which auto insurance do you folks use and how much do you pay monthly?
I wanted to get an idea of what people are paying to evaluate the quotes I'm getting.
Thank you!
Will partially depend on where you live, you age and what you drive. Rates can be pretty shockingespecially if you are a young male in places like Brampton.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
It will be because you have no driver record in Canada. You are treated as a new driver. Plus Canadian rates are more in general.
I'm 34 year old male, moving to Canada by a month or 2.

Will it help when I bring a document from my Dutch insurance company which states that I have a clean driving record?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm 34 year old male, moving to Canada by a month or 2.

Will it help when I bring a document from my Dutch insurance company which states that I have a clean driving record?
Canadian car insurance is expensive. Don’t know what province you are moving to but you will need to shop around for insurance. Some insurers will treat you as a new driver.

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
I have a contact to one agent from AllState. He was helpful in getting me a good deal. inbox me for his contact

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Canadian car insurance is expensive. Don’t know what province you are moving to but you will need to shop around for insurance. Some insurers will treat you as a new driver.
It depends on the province, I only pay $150/month...and that's on the higher end.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Car insurance rates in Canada, at least Toronto, are ridiculous. I am over 30 but just got my G2 last year, literally bought a slow car to commute work-home/home-work. I received quotes in the CAD-400-600/month range. Added my spouse and it dropped to CAD 350/month, as females are considered "less risky" than males.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I suspect not in Toronto, previous driving experience and not a single male on the policy?
Of course not..PEI, 34 years of driving, and I am the only male driving. My wife has her own car.

Just an example that not everything in Canada is expensive. If immigrants want affordability, do not go and live in Toronto or Vancouver. There are lots of other areas where you can have a great life.