+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where would I take the test?

iahh

Dec 21, 2011
Hi,

Suppose I complete 3 out of 5 years in Vancouver and apply for citizenship. Give mailing address of my relative living in Toronto and go out of canada for few months or until test date comes. Where I would be taking test in Vancouver or Toronto? Where they will send my application for further processing in vancouver (where I completed 3 years) or toronto (because I gave mailing address of)?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were to give a mailing address in Toronto, they will probably assume that you moved there and call you for test there.

iahh

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks Leon,

I heard that CIC send application for further processing to the local office where the applicant lived for the last six months. Is it correct. How can I manage this if I don't have any one for mailing address in Vancouver. Actually I want to take test in Vancouver. I don't know how it can be possible.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iahh said:
I heard that CIC send application for further processing to the local office where the applicant lived for the last six months. Is it correct. How can I manage this if I don't have any one for mailing address in Vancouver. Actually I want to take test in Vancouver. I don't know how it can be possible.
I have not heard that. I would assume they would send it to where you live at the time they transfer it as long as you have changed your address with them. Canada is pretty big and to me it would not make sense that they would request you to do the exam in the city where you lived when you applied when you have moved to a city far away during your processing. However, I don't really know what their policy is on that. I haven't heard anything about that.

Apply while you still live in Vancouver and then either tell CIC that you have moved overseas or go to UPS and see about getting an address with them where they will forward your mail to where you tell them.