+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to take PPR photo in US?

ccdg

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Friends,

I am trying to have the photos ready before PPR, so I can mail them right away after receiving ppr.

Does anyone have any experience with the "studio" in US?

Would convenience stores like CVS work?

Thanks

Bull Dog

Feb 27, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am trying to have the photos ready before PPR, so I can mail them right away after receiving ppr.

Does anyone have any experience with the "studio" in US?

Would convenience stores like CVS work?

Thanks
Hi,
Just google a photographer near me. Last year when I did this, I called a wedding photographer near my place, showed the specifics. She just took our photograph in a white plain background (it was a white wall). Just make sure you show them the photo specifications.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Walgreen will work. They have settings for Canada. You need mention that to them. You might need to cut the photos yourself once they print it out.

Mar 22, 2018
Walgreen will work. They have settings for Canada. You need mention that to them. You might need to cut the photos yourself once they print it out.
Hello,

1) Will Walgreens attest their details and date at the back of the photo (as required by the immigration process).
2) Will Walgreens provide the digital copy as well
3) How many photos do we need to get attested
4) How many hard copy photos are needed for the entire PR process.

Reactions: aspire4canada

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hello,

1) Will Walgreens attest their details and date at the back of the photo (as required by the immigration process).
2) Will Walgreens provide the digital copy as well
3) How many photos do we need to get attested
4) How many hard copy photos are needed for the entire PR process.
1. They did for me.
2. Not sure, you can ask them before you order photos.
3. 1 (mentioned in photo specs), the attested photo will be attached to CoPR and returned.
4. Need to send 2 (1 attested, 1 unattested) for CoPR. The unattested photo will be returned loose.

Mar 22, 2018
1. They did for me.
2. Not sure, you can ask them before you order photos.
3. 1 (mentioned in photo specs), the attested photo will be attached to CoPR and returned.
4. Need to send 2 (1 attested, 1 unattested) for CoPR. The unattested photo will be returned loose.

thanks for the quick reply

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
I have used epassportphoto.com for US Visa, Canada visitor visa, Indian Passport applications etc. You can take a photo and upload there. There are 2 options:
1. Someone will verify if it meets the specs (expensive)
2. You verify online. They have markers where you can upload and crop your photo (free)
I have used #2, 8-10 times, including for little kids, and never had a problem.
You can then download the modified file, which has like 4 pics on 1 sheet, and print online to pickup from your local CVS/Walgreens/Others.

Reactions: anuch2588
Mar 22, 2018
I have used epassportphoto.com for US Visa, Canada visitor visa, Indian Passport applications etc. You can take a photo and upload there. There are 2 options:
2. You verify online. They have markers where you can upload and crop your photo (free)
You can then download the modified file, which has like 4 pics on 1 sheet, and print online to pickup from your local CVS/Walgreens/Others.

How about the attestation by the photographer. Who will do it in this case.

RBCAN

Jul 26, 2017
Walgreens/CVS usually wont do everything asked on the pdf. However if you know the manager well enough they may do it. Getting them to put the info at the back of thr pics will be a hassle coz they will give bs about store policy restriction and such. Not sure where you are but I got mine done in Chicago. Can provide that contact.

Mar 22, 2018
Walgreens/CVS usually wont do everything asked on the pdf. However if you know the manager well enough they may do it. Getting them to put the info at the back of thr pics will be a hassle coz they will give bs about store policy restriction and such. Not sure where you are but I got mine done in Chicago. Can provide that contact.
I am from IN. I will give a try here and see. Thanks for your response.

reddyr101

Apr 25, 2018
These PPR photo specs have become such a hassle for me. I live in U.S (Boston). I have been to nearby CVS and Walgreens and they have no clue what they are doing. There is a Canada setting but they do not know how to take the picture itself in first place. Worst part is they do not give you a digital copy! Otherwise I could have edited it myself online using various websites. Irony is CIC wants it to be taken by a commercial photographer who in this case does not even have a proper camera. My cellphone takes more sharper images these days.

Can someone recommend what they have done for their case?

Reactions: indri90

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Could you please share the website details you used

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello did the store where you printed out the pictures agreed to attest them? Thank you so much.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Hello did the store where you printed out the pictures agreed to attest them? Thank you so much.
No, so I ended up getting the pictures taken from Walgreens. They have the photo specs in their software kiosk, but you need to be really sure about all requirements. The employees are not professional photographers so we had to coach them through the process and got exactly what we needed.

Reactions: Holyange