+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to submit passport for stamping from USA?

hunt_ankit

Nov 2, 2018
I received a request to submit my passport. I was listed with the following options to send my passport for stamping.

Option 1:
Submit your passport by courier to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario

Option 2:
Submit your passport by courier to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in New York
Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY, 10017
U.S.A.

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

• the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
  • any applicable visa application centre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees;
  • full contact information, including email, phone number, and full return address;
  • the VAC consent form (PDF, 25.9 KB); and
  • a pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable.
Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information.

Option 3:
Submit your passport by courier to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Los Angeles

reference link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#U

I was going to prefer the second option, but after reaching out to VAC New York I was informed that they are not accepting application post 1st November 2018.

https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

And I have read some threads which lists Option 1 is only applicable for applications with Canada.

So I guess they have opened some other VAC in USA which will operate post 1st November, but i am not able to locate it.

So can someone please help me in the following:
1/ Address of the VAC to which I should send my application?
2/ Applicable VAC Service fees to be paid and mode of payment?
3/ Which service to use to generate return label for passport receive?

I request anyone with knowledge of any kind in this regard please come forward and help. My travel dates are approaching. I would be obliged.

Thank You

js223

Jun 13, 2018
Hey Buddy, were you able to submit your application to the new VAC in New York. I am in a similar situation and am not sure where to send the documents for COPR. Can you also tell how you processed your application/what all did you submit and where?

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hey Buddy, were you able to submit your application to the new VAC in New York. I am in a similar situation and am not sure where to send the documents for COPR. Can you also tell how you processed your application/what all did you submit and where?
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I am in CT and received the PPR email to submit the passport to the Canada address. I don't see any option of submitting it at a US address. Can anyone please check and advise if there is way i can submit the passport to any address in US? May be NY or some other place near CT?

black-bimmer

Oct 21, 2018
Any update guys? I received the email today and it does not mention any US address. They are asking me to send the passport to Ontario.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
I did not try much to find US options. I sent the passport to Canada address and it went fine. I got my documents in 2 weeks.

JPurba

Jan 22, 2018
Bangalore
@js22
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I am in CT and received the PPR email to submit the passport to the Canada address. I don't see any option of submitting it at a US address. Can anyone please check and advise if there is way i can submit the passport to any address in US? May be NY or some other place near CT?
Hi @sachin80 , brother could you please help in understanding that can I submit my passport in LA VAC even though my PPR email is from ndvo, I have written to ndvo and they haven't reply from last 15 days, I have very few days to decide now.. I just want to know does LA vac accept PR application ? And I can still submit it there ? Your response can help me a lot
Thanks
Jasbir Singh

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
@js22

Hi @sachin80 , brother could you please help in understanding that can I submit my passport in LA VAC even though my PPR email is from ndvo, I have written to ndvo and they haven't reply from last 15 days, I have very few days to decide now.. I just want to know does LA vac accept PR application ? And I can still submit it there ? Your response can help me a lot
Thanks
Jasbir Singh
I am not quite sure about this. Even I tried to find some options to drop documents in NY office but did not get confirmation from anyone who would have actually done this thing.

Hence to be on safer side I followed the regular process and send the documents to Canada. They came back fine in time..

JPurba

Jan 22, 2018
Bangalore
I am not quite sure about this. Even I tried to find some options to drop documents in NY office but did not get confirmation from anyone who would have actually done this thing.

Hence to be on safer side I followed the regular process and send the documents to Canada. They came back fine in time..
@sachin80 Thank you for your reply, I have also sent the documents to Ottawa 2 days ago after a reply from new Delhi visa office , may I know how much time appx Ottawa can take ?

Darshak0047

Feb 11, 2023

would you please advise which currier service have you used.

bcz I was trying to get my passport submission request But. When I went to fedex and ups. They refused to provide return envelope to us address. They said that they are not providing return envelope with international way