+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send passport for PR visa?

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my friend received standard email from cic asking for passports to be sent. Primary applicant live in Canada under work permit. Dependents live overseas.

1. CIC asked passport to be sent to Ottawa since primary applicants live and has mailing address in Canada. NO special notes for instruction to send dependents' passport
2. Immigration lawyers asked primary applicant's passport to be sent to Ottawa. and dependents' passports to be sent to Singapore (Visa office servicing the country where dependents currently live)

Personally I don't trust the immigration lawyer, they asked for biometric information such as height, eye color, weight, hair color, etc.. I don't think CIC still requests such information at this final stage.

Any idea?

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Hansdza said:
my friend received standard email from cic asking for passports to be sent. Primary applicant live in Canada under work permit. Dependents live overseas.

1. CIC asked passport to be sent to Ottawa since primary applicants live and has mailing address in Canada. NO special notes for instruction to send dependents' passport
2. Immigration lawyers asked primary applicant's passport to be sent to Ottawa. and dependents' passports to be sent to Singapore (Visa office servicing the country where dependents currently live)

Personally I don't trust the immigration lawyer, they asked for biometric information such as height, eye color, weight, hair color, etc.. I don't think CIC still requests such information at this final stage.

Any idea?
Contact CIC and ask them for help. Keep us posted on this scenario.

Reactions: midnightfalcon

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried several times already today. The line is so frigging busy.. :(

I hope somebody has experience in this matter and can share their opinion

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Hansdza said:

I have no idea about whether your passports should be sent separately but personally, I don't think it might be a good idea. They are your dependents and you are only given one letter (passport request) from CIC. How will the SGVO know that they are filled under your application w/o the PPR?
But on the information that your lawyer asked, yes those are needed in filling up the PPR form. There is one form that has to be filled up w/ the weight, height, eye color, etc etc and that has to be signed by you & submit it to CIC together w/ all your passports.

sum123

Dec 5, 2014
Same situation for my family

Only difference is i got the first email to submit passport to Ottawa office

3 hrs later another email with heading (Please use this letter if you and/or any of your accompanying dependent(s) are currently residing in India) with my UCI number and name asking to use VFS service in India, they did not mention my spouse name or UCI in this email

My spouse is in India so does this mean we need to submit PP's separately by using both email print outs

Thank you

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JWZR421 said:
I have no idea about whether your passports should be sent separately but personally, I don't think it might be a good idea. They are your dependents and you are only given one letter (passport request) from CIC. How will the SGVO know that they are filled under your application w/o the PPR?
But on the information that your lawyer asked, yes those are needed in filling up the PPR form. There is one form that has to be filled up w/ the weight, height, eye color, etc etc and that has to be signed by you & submit it to CIC together w/ all your passports.
Ehmm.. when CIC asked me my passport for Express Entry back in January, they didn't ask me to provide my biometric information again. Just passport, 2 photos and copy of the email. Not sure if they treat applicants differently.. my guess they need the documents for

1. pasport, to attach visa sticker for entry in port
2. 2 photos, 1 for file in CIC COPR, 1 for COPR sent to me along with the copy without photo

So not sure why would they need the biometric information..

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funny thing. The CIC officer answering my call, didn't know what to do. He advised to send email to CPC Ottawa to explain the situation. Lets see how it goes from there

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sum123 said:
Same situation for my family

Only difference is i got the first email to submit passport to Ottawa office

3 hrs later another email with heading (Please use this letter if you and/or any of your accompanying dependent(s) are currently residing in India) with my UCI number and name asking to use VFS service in India, they did not mention my spouse name or UCI in this email

My spouse is in India so does this mean we need to submit PP's separately by using both email print outs

Thank you
It's really confusing.. could you please copy and paste the second email from CIC (please omit all confidential information). Did you use lawyer as well?

sum123

Dec 5, 2014
Hi Hansdza this is the second email from CIC (Applied on my own)

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: June 2016

UCI: xxxxxxxx
*xxxxxxxxx*
Application: E00xxxxxxxxxx
*E00xxxxxxxx*

XYZ,

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use this letter if you and/or any of your accompanying dependent(s) are currently residing in India.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XYZ:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

UCI: xxxxxxxxxx Application: E00xxxxxxxxxx
*xxxxxxxxxxxx* *E00xxxxx*

vnsmech

May 3, 2016
Hi all,
I too got the same email, but my confusion is I have not got any updates in my CIC account inbox. Whether this is a correct email or a spam. Also my prob is they have mentioned to submit within 30 day and I had received email on 15th June, so if it's working days I still havr 5 days but if it's calendar days the deadline is over, what can be done now? Any suggestions guys , I am really in a dilemma what should I do. Pls advice

Thanks.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Did anybody ever figure this thread out? I am in this situation today where I am in US and wife and son in Pakistan.

Binu27

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Same situation,,,my wife is in Canada, I am here in India.. CIC asked for passports to be sent to Delhi through VFS... But as she is in Canada, do we need to send it separately? May be ,her passport to Ottawa and mine to Delhi? , someone gone through this please help