+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to Mail Sponsor Application?

coolamir

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in Iran for past few years. I'm sponsoring my wife, we have everything ready to go but there is question here. Do I send the application to Damascus, Syria (Canadian Embassy) where on their web site says: "Immigration Processing Center for Iran residence" or I just mail it to Mississauga?
I am applying as a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada with my spouse.

Also on immigration web site under FAQ says that application processed outside Canada take less time than the ones processed inside Canada (what ever that means).

Any suggest would be much appreciated.

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Hi,

For outland, both applications (sponsor and PR applicant) have to be sent to Mississauga first. They'll review the sponsor's application and make a decision. Then they forward it on to the local / selected embassy for second-stage processing.

Good luck :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
coolamir said:
Also on immigration web site under FAQ says that application processed outside Canada take less time than the ones processed inside Canada (what ever that means).
If the foreign spouse is living in Canada (on a TRV, a work permit, etc.) with the Canadian spouse, you can apply for a PR using the 'inland' route or 'inside Canada' route. It usually takes longer than an 'outland' application (the kind you are doing).