+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to live for a family of 3?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Brampton can be tough to commute from if you are going to downtown Toronto. I would look at rentals based on decent transit links to your office. Not sure if it is downtown where you will likely have to take public transit or somewhere else in the city.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Brampton can be tough to commute from if you are going to downtown Toronto. I would look at rentals based on decent transit links to your office. Not sure if it is downtown where you will likely have to take public transit or somewhere else in the city.
Its downtown. Thanks for tip. Any areas you prefer with decent (under 40 mins) commute to downtown toronto?

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for response. I am not just going by what people have posted without doing any research. I am in US and its same criteria here also. Can't just put my kid in any school unless I am living in that city/burbs.

I am putting this question out to get feedback like the one about daycare that its hard to find and expensive. Plus locations that people choose to live in.

I will do my research but a little short on time to wrap up things here and to come there for good. Need to be there by Aug end. My employer joining will be by Aug end.
hi harpreet, you have to be specific about the location. where is your office located and wheres your wife,s likely office?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you live in Mississauga you will need to try to be close to a GO train station to make it downtown in 40 minutes. If you live close to any of the subway stops you can likely be downtown in 40 minutes. All depends on hat you want to rent and what's your budget.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Its right next to Toronto City Hall.
well, commuting from Brampton is gonna blow you,both time and money wise. try to look for options on the Scarborough side. Its connected by TTC way cheaper than the GO buses.but if your wife has a job in Mississauga then obviously living close to a subway station is very helpful . look for options near kipling in Mississauga and you can always find baby sitters /day care near by. Lot of indian paki people do that privately near kipling

Reactions: Jakev and scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anywhere on the subway stations are also an option. Scarborough will be the longest commute so would stick to north, central or west. East tends to be a little less expensive.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
and believe me whatever you may try from US you cant make the correct decision unless you see the ground reality by being physically present in Toronto. so my suggestion don't sign any long term lease from US. Be in Canada and you ll find the best choice yourself. and remember ultimately its your BIWI (wife) who's gonna have the final say. haha
enjoy this search and best wishes