Where to live for a family of 3?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Yep - exactly. You still have to factor in the time it takes you to get from Union Station to City Hall, plus getting to/from the GO Train Station parking lot (just getting out of the GO Train parking lot can take a while), and of course sometimes there are late trains and other delays...

40 minutes is definitely possible - but you have to be significantly closer which means either paying more or giving something up (i.e. size, space, newness, etc.). I have a 20-25 minute commute door to door to the financial district. However I effectively live downtown (near Christie Station and Bathurst Station).
That’s where my 1st Airbnb was- right in Korea Town.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for this rajibson. I am kind of stuck between two things. My wife job is similar to my profile but we will be targeting mississauga for her. If not, she might get into Toronto.

Either way, we dont want to spend too much time in commute because we will need to drop/pick up kid as well. The friends we know are all in Brampton, that that is our first choice. but this commute is really keeping my options limited.
With a family and a job you don't have time to see friends especially on a weekday so wouldn't base my location just on that. The GTA doesn't have defined borders between suburbs so you aren't far away from friends if you are in the next suburb. People move to Brampton because they want to live within the dominant South Asian community. Commute times didn't likely factor into their decisions.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
With a family and a job you don't have time to see friends especially on a weekday so wouldn't base my location just on that. The GTA doesn't have defined borders between suburbs so you aren't far away from friends if you are in the next suburb. People move to Brampton because they want to live within the dominant South Asian community. Commute times didn't likely factor into their decisions.
well said.... :)