+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where the Birth Certificate is required in whole process of immigration?

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Dear All,

Any idea, Where the Birth Certificate is required in whole process of immigration?

Suppose I am not able to get the Birth certificate at all, where it can create problems? can any other document be used in place of birth certificate.

Thanks.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
harryy said:
Dear All,

Any idea, Where the Birth Certificate is required in whole process of immigration?

Suppose I am not able to get the Birth certificate at all, where it can create problems? can any other document be used in place of birth certificate.

Thanks.
This document is required when u initiate the process. In case of absence, any document where birth day is mentioned like educational document, works. But it is necessary to send a formal letter explaining reason for absence of particular document.

asyousuf

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
I think birth certificate is really required to go along with all the documents to be submitted to CIC. Birth certificates shows ur date of birth, place of birth, your parents names and citizenships, hence it is a very vital source of information for your identification purposes...however if you can [provide other docs showing all the above items such as social security ID's in ur country, other government issued ID i think it be be fine...but you should include a letter of explanation why you cant provide a copy of your birth certificate as for the moment and pledge that will be sent ASAp once you get it...but im quite not sure abou this process...how lone does it take for you to secure a copy of ur birth certificate?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Go to the Search Box at the top of the Forum page. Type in "alternative birth" and you will find all sorts of posts on this topic. What is accepted in lieu of birth certificate may depend on the country you are from.