+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where should the RCMP criminal record to be sent?

ljm_Z

Mar 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a RCMP criminal record request. I went to local police service, the lady took my fingerprint and filled the form on the computer...
In the mail address section she put the local service address, she said that she will phone me to get it once it arrives.
I have searched online, some people get it send to CIC directly.
I am applying for PR through EE, everything is online. So I assume its ok to scan the criminal record and upload it online once I get it from the police service.
Please advise if the RCMP criminal record has to be sent to CIC directly?

Thank you

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just upload it online when requested. They will open a field to upload on MyCiC when they request it.

Keep a copy but they probably will not ask for it. In my case, scanned copy was sufficient

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
You got a request for an RCMP (police) check? I thought that was done automatically as part of your application.

Or do you mean your local country check? A scanned copy is normally sufficient, but this (along with the language scores) are the most common "paper" copies CIC will request. They can, of course, actually request paper copies of everything (or nothing).

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ljm_Z said:
I got a RCMP criminal record request. I went to local police service, the lady took my fingerprint and filled the form on the computer...
In the mail address section she put the local service address, she said that she will phone me to get it once it arrives.
I am applying for PR through EE, everything is online. So I assume its ok to scan the criminal record and upload it online once I get it from the police service.

Thank you

Your fingerprints samples will be sent to RCMP right away by the technician once he's done. You will.have to wait for a week to receive the result by mail and I think in your case you have to pick up once it arrives in the local police staton. You will then have to upload the RCMP result then send it to CIC by yourself .I never heard of case where results were directly sent to CIC by RCMP or maybe CIC has a system to verify the result once you send them.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
ljm_Z said:

Thank you
Ask the accredited company to send the RCMP to your address, do not ask them to send the CIC directly. Once you get it in the mail (1-2 weeks if no record, more than 120 days if there is any record, even dismissed charges) then scan it and upload it on the CIC portal.