+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where should I start

teachme27

Apr 26, 2007
Hello, I am a US citizen and absoutely love Toronto. I met the man of my dreams there and I would like to eventually live there. I dont know if I would live there permanently yet. But for now I have my BS in Communications and plan earning my Masters Degree. My question is where do I start? I would like to be able to live and work there and if things work out go to college in Toronto. So what do I apply for? My boyfriend unfortunately is unable to enter the US because he has some things pending on his criminal record. I know I could stay and live with him. I plan to move there in October which is why I need advice on how to go about it. I do have an extensive work background,clean record,good health,and college degree.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

teachme27 said:
Hello, I am a US citizen and absoutely love Toronto. I met the man of my dreams there and I would like to eventually live there. I dont know if I would live there permanently yet. But for now I have my BS in Communications and plan earning my Masters Degree. My question is where do I start? I would like to be able to live and work there and if things work out go to college in Toronto. So what do I apply for? My boyfriend unfortunately is unable to enter the US because he has some things pending on his criminal record. I know I could stay and live with him. I plan to move there in October which is why I need advice on how to go about it. I do have an extensive work background,clean record,good health,and college degree.
1. By the way, you should be looking at Immigration not citizenship
2. Start at www.cic.gc.ca which is the offical site.
3. As it appears that you are not in a C/law relationship or married, your B/F cannot sponsor you, so you would either have to apply for permanent residence, take the assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html to see if you qualify. You are looking at 18-31 months processing time in Buffalo http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#west
4. You could attempt to get a work permit, if you are able to find an employer who is willing to apply for a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC. The job has to be one where the employer is unable to find a Canadian citizen or Permanent residence for the position and has advertised extensively. Your qualifications/experience must fit the job description and the salary must meet Canadian norms.
5. If you come to visit your B/F you will not be able to work or attend school.

PMM

Feb 27, 2007
My self omer bin yousuf muneer I am from INDIA, my dream is settled in abroad the reason is aborad atmosphere better than india so i have to settled in canada. so what purpose to do for legaly for cancadian government order so please me my mail .

thank's,
omer.