+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where is the citizenship exam place for Gatineau applicants? In Ottawa or Quebec?

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
I live in Gatineau, Quebec and Ottawa, Ontario is just across the Ottawa river. Although in another province, Gatineau is considered part of the Capital area and sometimes use the facilities of Ottawa instead of those in Quebec.

A few months ago I submitted citizenship application and on Feb 2, it has been in the "In process" status.

But recently my husband got a promotion at work and we need to move to Vancouver, BC. Our flight is on March 15. Today I went to CIC's website and submitted the application of changing address. The system said it would be changed in 2 weeks.

But I'm worried that within 2 weeks, CIC or their local office will send me the letter about citizenship exam. If the exam is after March 15, I will not be able to attend. So I'm planning to inform CIC or their local office before that letter to transfer my case to the Vancouver office.

So my questions are:
1) What is the address and number of the local office for Gaineau residents. Is it in Ottawa or Quebec?
Any Gatineau residents who already got the exam letter, can you share some information?
2) Aside of calling the local office, is there anyway I can contact CIC about my moving?

Thank you very much!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I live in Gatineau, Quebec and Ottawa, Ontario is just across the Ottawa river. Although in another province, Gatineau is considered part of the Capital area and sometimes use the facilities of Ottawa instead of those in Quebec.

A few months ago I submitted citizenship application and on Feb 2, it has been in the "In process" status.

But recently my husband got a promotion at work and we need to move to Vancouver, BC. Our flight is on March 15. Today I went to CIC's website and submitted the application of changing address. The system said it would be changed in 2 weeks.

But I'm worried that within 2 weeks, CIC or their local office will send me the letter about citizenship exam. If the exam is after March 15, I will not be able to attend. So I'm planning to inform CIC or their local office before that letter to transfer my case to the Vancouver office.

So my questions are:
1) What is the address and number of the local office for Gaineau residents. Is it in Ottawa or Quebec?
Any Gatineau residents who already got the exam letter, can you share some information?
2) Aside of calling the local office, is there anyway I can contact CIC about my moving?

Thank you very much!
Have you tried calling the IRCC call center ? 1-888-242-2100

cfbarroso

Jun 19, 2017
Gatineau, QC
I'm from gatineau and both test and ceremony are in Ottawa.

It's at 235, Queen Street. 2nd floor. It's not far from the parliament building.

Good luck

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
When did you attend the exam and oath ceremony? Can you please share your timeline?
Thank you a lot!!
Documents received in Sydney, NS on Oct 23, 2017
AOR on Dec 1, 2017
IP on Jan 10, 2018
Invite on Jan 24, 2018
Test on Feb 21, 2018

Waiting for security check to be completed to then get the formal decision.

Reactions: snowflake2012

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
AOR on Dec 1, 2017
IP on Jan 10, 2018
Invite on Jan 24, 2018
Test on Feb 21, 2018

Cool!
Pretty fast!

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
AOR on Dec 1, 2017
IP on Jan 10, 2018
Invite on Jan 24, 2018
Test on Feb 21, 2018

Another question:
When IRCC informed you about the exam, was it a regular mail or email or both?
Thank you very much!