+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where is my passport ????

Nidaa

Nov 28, 2011
hi sir

i sent my passport to renew my visa on the 20 of December, and when i looked in canada post website to track it, i notes that the status is delivered on the 12 of jan but i didn't receive anything, i called canada post they told me that the sender should report for the issue !! please help me i need my passport !!

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
This is exactly what happened to me last year and Canada Post lost my passport with TRV visa in it (not Permanent Residence). It has been more than a year and I never get to see my passport ever again.

It shows that the passport has been "DELIVERED" but there is no signature on it. I went to the post office near my residence, and check the mailroom in my building -- to no avail.

This is what suggest you to do:

- Call Canada Post to initiate trace on the package. If they tell you that only the sender can report it, Tell them that you are the sender since you're the one who purchased it and it has your name on the return address.

- Give it one week for them to trace your package. As soon as they could not find it, ask them to send you an email confirming that the package which contains passport sent from when has been declared lost. This piece of letter is critical later on when you go to the police station

- Go to nearest police station and report the incident. To report, you will need to provide full details on the passport such as Passport No, issuance date, expiration date, issuing office. They will provide you an incident ticket number and you should be able to obtain the full police report on this.

Once you obtain the full police report, it is imperative that you contact Buffalo consulates indicating that the passport was declared lost in the mail by Canada Post and that you are currently applying for a new passport.

Obviously, you would be applying for a new passport in consulates / embassy nearest to you. As for me, I was lucky that I still have my work permit with me which proves that I am still the nationality which I claim myself to be. My new passport processing takes roughly 1 week. After I got my passport, I immediately send it back to Canadian Consulates for new TRV visa.

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
One more thing:

If you are sending a return envelope for the Consulate to send passport back to you, I would STRONGLY recommend that you add in the following features:

For full features check out: http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGxpresspt-e.asp#1378924

- Signature on Delivery
- DO NOT Safe drop checked
- CARD FOR PICKUP checked (to ensure that the item remains in post office and not attempted for delivery)
- Cash on Delivery**

** Since I just lost my passport the other day, I was very paranoid about sending my passport again. I had included $200 Cash on Delivery for whoever is picking up this item. The recipient of that COD is obviously myself as well.

I am extremely sorry for your situation however it is critical to remain calm and and follow through with the process.

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Also, don't forget to call the OMBUDSMAN for them to also look for the package and provide you with ANY cost associated in getting back to where you are, which consist of

- Cost of police Report
- Cost of renewing your passport
- Cost of postage for loss item
- Cost of sending your passport again to the consulates.

I remember for my case, they went above and beyond the $100 covered in the insurance and paid me close to $300 for all loss associated

Call them here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus/ombudsman/default.jsf

- They're suppose to be at a far superior position and would actually go and interview the mailperson, staff and conduct their own investigation independent of Canada Post -

Nidaa

Nov 28, 2011
ok thank you again
i was really panic to see that the status is delivered but i didn't received anything
but with your reply i feel much better

thank you again
take care

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Nidaa said:
ok thank you again
i was really panic to see that the status is delivered but i didn't received anything
but with your reply i feel much better

thank you again
take care
No need to panic :)

By the way, you can email Buffalo as soon as you have the letter from Canada Post declaring it to be lost. Ask them what other documentation / photo you would need to get your passport stamped the second time.

I'm glad to help. I was in your position and I really had no one with this kind of experience :)

AINP App

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 - 03 - 2013
The agents at Canada Post are going to ask you to request the sender to start an investigation, even if you have paid for the package.

This is an email response of the trace I had requested

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reply concerning tracking number: LTxxxxxxxxxCA. Unfortunately, you must contact the sender of this shipment if not received by you.

Regards,

Sandro Pinti

Officer / Customer Relation Support

sandro.pinti@canadapost.ca

Phone: 905-214-9206

Fax: 905-214-9357

My file was closed and I had to harass Canada Post Service Reps. I finally asked to be transferred to the Supervisor. I had spoken to Anne Marrie - Who agreed with me that when it comes to passport I have the ability to file an investigation. She was very understanding and empathetic.

I had emailed Buffalo as well. They had replied to me the very next day and let me know that the passport was actually with them. Today they have sent me another email letting me know that they will be stamping in the Visa today. So I recommend email buffalo asap.

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
This is exactly what happened to me last year and Canada Post lost my passport with TRV visa in it (not Permanent Residence). It has been more than a year and I never get to see my passport ever again.

It shows that the passport has been "DELIVERED" but there is no signature on it. I went to the post office near my residence, and check the mailroom in my building -- to no avail.

This is what suggest you to do:

- Call Canada Post to initiate trace on the package. If they tell you that only the sender can report it, Tell them that you are the sender since you're the one who purchased it and it has your name on the return address.

- Give it one week for them to trace your package. As soon as they could not find it, ask them to send you an email confirming that the package which contains passport sent from when has been declared lost. This piece of letter is critical later on when you go to the police station

- Go to nearest police station and report the incident. To report, you will need to provide full details on the passport such as Passport No, issuance date, expiration date, issuing office. They will provide you an incident ticket number and you should be able to obtain the full police report on this.

Once you obtain the full police report, it is imperative that you contact Buffalo consulates indicating that the passport was declared lost in the mail by Canada Post and that you are currently applying for a new passport.

Obviously, you would be applying for a new passport in consulates / embassy nearest to you. As for me, I was lucky that I still have my work permit with me which proves that I am still the nationality which I claim myself to be. My new passport processing takes roughly 1 week. After I got my passport, I immediately send it back to Canadian Consulates for new TRV visa.

Also, don't forget to call the OMBUDSMAN for them to also look for the package and provide you with ANY cost associated in getting back to where you are, which consist of

- Cost of police Report
- Cost of renewing your passport
- Cost of postage for loss item
- Cost of sending your passport again to the consulates.

I remember for my case, they went above and beyond the $100 covered in the insurance and paid me close to $300 for all loss associated

Call them here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus/ombudsman/default.jsf

- They're suppose to be at a far superior position and would actually go and interview the mailperson, staff and conduct their own investigation independent of Canada Post -

Hi ethels, same happened with me but canada post lost my passport with COPR.My question to you is did ombudsman cover the complete cost of your new expenses or only a part of it.I have an indian passport and just making a new indian passport will cost me approximately 280$ , plus there is police report which is 63$ plus there is resending of new passport to ottawa for COPR which will cost more 45$ plus other expenses.Totalling to 400$+.

Do you think, i will be able to get the entire amount after an ombudsman inquiry or just partial amount?

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
The agents at Canada Post are going to ask you to request the sender to start an investigation, even if you have paid for the package.

This is an email response of the trace I had requested

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reply concerning tracking number: LTxxxxxxxxxCA. Unfortunately, you must contact the sender of this shipment if not received by you.

Regards,

Sandro Pinti

Officer / Customer Relation Support

sandro.pinti@canadapost.ca

Phone: 905-214-9206

Fax: 905-214-9357

My file was closed and I had to harass Canada Post Service Reps. I finally asked to be transferred to the Supervisor. I had spoken to Anne Marrie - Who agreed with me that when it comes to passport I have the ability to file an investigation. She was very understanding and empathetic.

I had emailed Buffalo as well. They had replied to me the very next day and let me know that the passport was actually with them. Today they have sent me another email letting me know that they will be stamping in the Visa today. So I recommend email buffalo asap.
Hi, is your case similar to most of the cases on this page.Did canada post say that the shipment was delivered and u never got it in ur mailbox?