+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where can I have statutory declaration of common-law union IMM5409 notarized?

qingyunlan

Oct 16, 2019
Hi everyone I have two questions regarding the notarization of IMM5409 form.
  1. What institutions right now offer notarization and what's the waiting time, if there's any? I heard that some banks may do it for you too. Is that true?
  2. What do I have to bring to the procedure? I assume that I would have to bring all the documents ticked in the form. Should I bring original documents and expect they'll be returned upon verification? And should I need to bring my own IDs (passport, driver's license, etc.) to prove my identity?
Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. This depends on where in the world you are; anyone authorized in your country to notarize documents can do it. Notary publics are the most common. Some banks may have notaries on staff, but again, depends on your country. If it's China, it's the notary public office. They may refuse to notarize a document in English.

2. Ask whomever is doing the notarizing. A notarization is literally an official testament that they witnessed you sign the document, there should be nothing else to it, but some countries have different procedures.

Reactions: qingyunlan

qingyunlan

Oct 16, 2019
1. This depends on where in the world you are; anyone authorized in your country to notarize documents can do it. Notary publics are the most common. Some banks may have notaries on staff, but again, depends on your country. If it's China, it's the notary public office. They may refuse to notarize a document in English.

2. Ask whomever is doing the notarizing. A notarization is literally an official testament that they witnessed you sign the document, there should be nothing else to it, but some countries have different procedures.
Hi, thanks for replying, I'm in Montreal, Quebec.