File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I'm not sure there is such a thing. Certainly there is no such requirement for CEC.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
The only reason this would be levied against your application is if there is a significant disparity between facts noted and perceived. Meaning, if you are claiming to be a manager but make minimum wage, one would certainly have doubts and reason for further inquiry.

I'm sure if you google noc and average income, you'll be able to get a general idea of where you stand.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
smm2k1 said:
Yes there is ..
workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
The Working in Canada tool shows salary ranges (when available) in different areas for information purposes. This is not a legislated "minimum wage." And CEC does not stipulate any minimum wage.

However, as CEC2013 points out, if there is a major discrepancy between your wage and the norm for the skilled occupation for which you are claiming experience, it may be a red flag.

arbutus

Aug 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jun-12
Doc's Request.
28-Mar-13
AOR Received.
31-Jul-12
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
9-Apr-13
Med's Done....
10-Apr-13
If there is a gap between your pay and the salary typical for the occupation, it may be worth getting your supervisor to explain why that's the case (e.g. if you were fresh out of university with little experience, the pay could be lower).

Another thing to watch out for is making sure that your reference letter describes the duties you performed in detail. You can't change how much you were paid, but you can make sure that your reference letter provides evidence that you performed duties which match the NOC code.

toronto07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
One of the June applicants application was rejected for a similar reason. CIC didnt count the implied status experience and wages were less. any comments on this?

aka024 said:
My application got rejected yesterday citing reasons for my 24 months tenure and revenues during the period.

I cant really think about anything now, dont know what to do and what can be next steps, if there are any ?

if somebody can provide any helpful insight, would be really helpful.

Reasons for rejection :

" I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because you did not provide evidence that you have performed a significant number of the main duties of this job title during a period equivalent to 24 months of full-time employment in Canada. Specifically, you declared full-time employment from May 1st , 2010 to May 25, 2012; however you were not in possession of a valid work permit between October 11, 2010 and December 29, 2010. Furthermore, the revenues you declared on the Notice of Assessment for the year 2010 do not support full-time employment as a System Consultant for the remaining period of 2010 (from May 2010 to October 2010). "

Worst part i was under implied status at that time and my revenues were in accordance minimum wages immigration law 2010. Only thing is Notice of Assessment doesn't show non taxable parts i.e Per Diems in my case and hence leading to confusion.

Damn.. they could have asked for more documents or clarification. Don't know what are they upto..!!!! :mad:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
toronto07 said:
One of the June applicants application was rejected for a similar reason. CIC didnt count the implied status experience

If you read further down, this applicant left the country while on implied status. This VOIDS implied status. He/she was lucky to get back into the country; any work performed between the date s/he left Canada and the date s/he received a new work permit was unauthorized.

See p. 27 of the OP 11 on Implied Status.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

and wages were less. any comments on this?

There's really not enough info to comment on that case specifically. No idea what "minimum wages immigration law 2010" means. Per diems are not salary (they are benefits) and should not be considered as part of salary.

As stated previously, if there is a MAJOR discrepancy between salary and occupational average, then it is grounds for suspicion. But it will not be the only problem (in this case, lack of a work permit was another problem). If you claim to be an engineer (or systems consultant) but are paid minimum wage, anyone would suspect you of "embellishing" your credentials.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Completely in agreement with jes on this.

I would even go a step further and say that the statement "the revenues you declared on the Notice of Assessment for the year 2010 do not support full-time employment as a System Consultant for the remaining period of 2010 (from May 2010 to October 2010)" implies that your full-time employment was in question during this period.

It seems as though they calculated, based on NOA figures, how many hours you will have worked, and it did not match the rest of the information provided, in terms of full-time employment. Whether this is because it was done in form of per diem, which is very strange, or they just did not declare, it did not add up when CIC made its calculations.

I say this because they reference a specific period in 2010. This leads me to believe that their concern was wage declaration, and thereby the hours worked, for the duration noted versus the rate of pay. Regardless of how we interpret this statement, the fact remains that there were inconsistencies that led CIC to question the legitimacy of the applicant.

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
Hi,

Surprisingly i saw this thread just today and was not aware of any discussion going around this on some other thread.

Well to talk about the rejection part and the reasons, as i mentioned in my post quoted here about the implied status and Per diems.

1. Implied status is lost once the person leaves the country before he/she has got his work permit extension, this is the definition provided on cic site. Also any work done under implied status before you leave the country is counted as valid work experience. Only the days after you leave the country and till the time you are back are not counted.

2. About the per diems paid as part of salary and Minimum wages law 2010, per diems are paid as part of benefits/allowance making them non taxable.
As per Temporary foreign worker rules defined under the cic, per diems paid as part of salary should be counted while considering the annual salary of the individual. Also as per the minimum wages law 2010 i quoted, i meant per diems in addition to my salary was in lieu with minimum ontario wages till 2010, which got revised in 2011 and along with that my salary(In fact per diems) were also raised making the complete salary in compliance.

Please find below the details about temporary foreign workers and there benefits.

" www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf"

Page no 67 , first few lines in bold will clarify this.

Hoping this information would be helpful to someone in time of need.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
I think the main problem was also he didn't provide any reference letters or proof of work contracts. That was already a big reason for cic to reject him. Or am I wrong???