+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHERE BEST TO RENEW WORKING VISA?

driftqueen

Aug 17, 2012
Hello all... Need to know where would be a better place to renew reentry visa? My boyfriend is currently working in canada, he has already renewed his work permit and plans to come home before the end of the year for holiday. However, he needs to acquire a reentry visa, and hes confused where to file for such. There are several opinions from other foreign workers, some say its faster back home in the philippines while some say its more convenient in canada although it may take a while... Please help us.. As he has already booked roundtrip tickets for his flight home.. How long dies it usually take for your reentry visa to be completed and mailed back to you? Thank you so much!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ottawa processing is one month on the average. I am not aware how long the processing is from the Philippines.

driftqueen said:
Hello all... Need to know where would be a better place to renew reentry visa? My boyfriend is currently working in canada, he has already renewed his work permit and plans to come home before the end of the year for holiday. However, he needs to acquire a reentry visa, and hes confused where to file for such. There are several opinions from other foreign workers, some say its faster back home in the philippines while some say its more convenient in canada although it may take a while... Please help us.. As he has already booked roundtrip tickets for his flight home.. How long dies it usually take for your reentry visa to be completed and mailed back to you? Thank you so much!

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
i have the same problem driftqueen,,im not sure if i will apply here or just in the philippines..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jomarcabiles said:
i have the same problem driftqueen,,im not sure if i will apply here or just in the philippines....
Previously, there was expedited service for workers on vacation who will be returning to Canada - 3 days. Since the visa processing of applicants from Japan was transferred to CEM, this link to this service is now inactive:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx?view=d
(see Re-entering Canada to resume work)

You can ask anybody you know in the PH to call up CEM and ask if they still provide this service (expedited re-entry visa application and processing for returning workers to Canada)...or someone to drop by CEM to ask.

My wife went on a vacation and applied for re-entry visa in the PH last April - took her 14 days to get it. She dropped by CEM, asked, and was advised, as an OWP holder with no current employer, it takes 14 days for her to be issued a re-entry visa. But then this was before CEM got into the thick of things handling visa applications from Japan....

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
that just made me think again if i want to apply in the phils..but im having worries as well becoz my vacation is nov 15 and i dont know if that is enough time for me apply for my visa before my flight to the phils.

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
I just receive my TRV yesterday afternoon, CPP-Ottawa receive it last Sept 10 seems like 15 working days only..Goodluck

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good for you. Mine took 21 days after receipt and another 7 days for the mailing.

Jeanette41810 said:
I just receive my TRV yesterday afternoon, CPP-Ottawa receive it last Sept 10 seems like 15 working days only..Goodluck

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
congrats jeannete,,,i just sent mine today and hopefully it will be here before my flight on nov 15...may i know if you included your plane ticket with your application or no?

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
@job-seeker: Thanx, I mailed it thru expresspost alot faster for the mailing process but it cost alot..but really greatful as the processing didn't take that long. Coz I've been worried that time as I send the same photo as my OWP/PR app, I got 6 copies if I am not mistaken so I decided to use it instead of having a new one besides it's still within 6 months. Until my friend told me that they are kinda different. I am just lucky that the VO grant my TRV :)
@jomar: Nope I didn't include. I don't have i-ticket yet coz I am still planning to have my vacay by next year its either April/May I am just planning way ahead, I don't want to risk myself again renewing my TRV in p.i.

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
hi jeanette..thats true becoz you dont know whats gonna happen in the philippines..i sent mine yesterday but the girl at the canadapost who assisted me is new..she doesnt even know the size of the envelope i was asking her..good thing i brought another envelope the same size as the cic requires...
pero sabi nya lagyan ko na daw ng return address yung isang envelope na binili ko na isasama ko sa application ko for trv tapos binigay din nya sa akin yung isang papel where you put your return address....ok lang ba yun na ganun ginawa nya or mali,,kc im worried na baka di nila gamitin yung envelope na sinama ko kc ala na yung first page ng address sticker,,,,???worried din ako kc sa nov 15 na flight ko at late ko na naisip na dito magsubmit ng trv..whewwww im so stress right now

kirei

Oct 5, 2012
Hi every one! i am loidz, now working in New Foundland under temporary foreign worker program...
i can relate with what you guys posted on this forum.. i also would like to renew my working visa which expired last September 29, 2012.
Dont know where to start po. :( thanks for the help!