+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are the jobs ????????

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hello ALLL
is there any one can help ??
after landing in Toronto on 7th April 2010 still no job!?

each employment ontario agency modified my resume several time,applied many times
had few interviews but the end rsult is zero..
I worked England and USA for several years...
even after appying as a skilled category...... u have to have a some sort of bridging program or training
or volunteer work !!!!!
is that make any sense ???

I attended a month long workshop with Humber College to learn
> Canadian work culture
> interview skills
> Visited employment agencies
> Thank u letter/impact letter/cover letter/ networking card and so many other things....
> job markets and trends

IS tHERE ANY ONE HERE IN TORONTO CAN HELP ME PLEASE >>???

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Are you open to any type of job or you want to do a job of your choice? If you are ready to do any type of temporary job, then you will surely get one. dont wait for the job of your choice to come.

Also do some courses which are offered by YMCA, etc. most of which are free and you can update yourself to the Canadian needs.

Try searching for job outside Toronto, like in Calgary, etc.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My relative, with MBA from USA, who was a senior Manager of reputed company in Middle East , landed in Toronto with his wife ( IT programmer - with few years experience with Lloyds ) in last September. Since last 9 months they are not employed but both are now working without salary and benefits, as volunteer worker. They said there are huge number of people like them!!!!. They had already spent a considerable amount so far from their savings for their living expences. Hope (?!!!) the company may absorb them after completion of two months. But not sure.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone told me not to be too picky with the type of jobs that are available. Most employers look for "Canadian Experience" before even thinking of hiring you. Maybe you can try a different field of work just to get going and opportunities in your chosen field will eventually present itself.

I strongly suggest that you try other places away from Toronto. Canada is a big country and Toronto cannot even begin to represent a tenth of the possibilities that this new country can offer you.

Open your mind to the fact that you might have to go through additional training or schooling, or maybe even a change in career. I know it doesn't make sense for Canada to put our occupations in the 38 and then not be able to get jobs, go figure.

Still it all boils down to being open and accepting to new possibilities. Think and move out of your box.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
i attended the CIIP workshop.. they adviced to start living in small towns other than vancvr, tornto, edmonton, calgary... the cost of living in small towns is much cheaper & these towns are growing...

neki

Apr 29, 2010
dear ayarrk,

sorry to hear abt your predicament. however, the difficulty in the process of highly skilled immigrants converting to jobs similar to those of their home countries in canada has remained a major issue for some years now.

i agree with trinatocanada, you might need to consider doing some canada-relevant courses. also, you might also need to take a survival job; you will get the required canadian experience (even if the job is not in your occupational field), will be able to stem the depletion of your savings, and you will not go out of your mind with worry and boredom) or can get a volunteer job like the other respondents' relatives.

if you are in toronto, you can review this thread from another toronto-landed member on where to get information abt jobs

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.45.html

wishing you all the best. please keep us posted.

God bless.

neki.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
what is ur NOC??

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I remember reading your previous posts that you had a arranged employement.What happened to that?

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
People,

I certainly dont think this is the scenario in canada it might not be too rosy but certainly it might not be so bad..

Pl refer to the below thread has lotz of positive news...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-immigrants-share-landing-job-hunt-house-hunt-other-experience-t37544.0.html

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayarrk,

If I remember correctly, you had an AEO when you left for Canada but the job is in Vancouver. I do not understand why you chose to land in Toronto when you know perfectly well that you already had a job in Vancouver. Did something happen?

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Thanks a ton,... all the friends,

yes I had but it took little longer to get visa and
the process took more than 2 months from India to land here
I tried my best to land asap but meantime they got someone .???!!

Bookkeeper/ accountant
regulated profession need some sort of bridging programme

Well @ my citp workshop / ymca / and other employment ontario places
i met so many of indian people and other nationals..........everyone is agree on that

THEY NEED ENGLISH SPEAKING QUALIFIED LABOURFORCE.

SO NOW ON i AM TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS KIND OF NEGATIVE THOGHTS..!!!

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is an excellent start. Keep negative thoughts at bay.

It is not uncommon for foreign-trained immigrants to undergo bridging programs for regulated professions. Honestly, if I were to practice let's say physiotherapy in Canada, I would welcome the opportunity to study about how the profession is practiced differently in Canada before I treat patients full on. If you were in the employer's place, wouldn't you want someone whom you can understand well and is also fully qualified to handle the job?

Okay so finding a job as a newly landed immigrant is not easy peasy. But seriously, did you expect that it would be? All these steps towards getting certified and obtaining canadian experience are filters used to differentiate the people who are willing to go the extra mile to prove their worth and people who prefer to sit on whatever laurels they already have.

Good luck ayarrk!