+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are study permits processed?(Question related to labour strike)

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Hi everyone, as you probably all know, today is the day of the labour strike, and of course that affects the processing time of our applications. But I'm not sure where all the applications are processed. I applied through the non-SDS system, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where applications for study permits submitted through the non-SDS system are processed, at the IRCC overseas offices or in Canada itself? Also, if you know where SDS study permits are processed, that would also help others. Thanks.

shaan9888

Apr 8, 2023
Hi everyone, as you probably all know, today is the day of the labour strike, and of course that affects the processing time of our applications. But I'm not sure where all the applications are processed. I applied through the non-SDS system, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where applications for study permits submitted through the non-SDS system are processed, at the IRCC overseas offices or in Canada itself? Also, if you know where SDS study permits are processed, that would also help others. Thanks.
Though I did not find any official links regarding this many channels and immigration lawyers (askKubeir) have mentioned that

- SDS visa applications are sent to in-house offices of IRCC(in Canada eg Alberta) to process
- NON-SDS visa applications are processed in-country office of the Canadian embassy ( eg for India processed in Delhi)

Reactions: Lolan

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Though I did not find any official links regarding this many channels and immigration lawyers (askKubeir) have mentioned that

- SDS visa applications are sent to in-house offices of IRCC(in Canada eg Alberta) to process
- NON-SDS visa applications are processed in-country office of the Canadian embassy ( eg for India processed in Delhi)
Ok, thanks. I hope this is true