+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Just today morning I got the Email from New Delhi Visa office about getting fingerprint for RCMP clearance for my parents. They gave an appointment to go to the new Delhi for fingerprint but my parents are in Canada so I send them an email if they will accept RCMP clearance letter from Local Police station from Regina.
My fill was received on 2nd Jan 2015 and transfer to LVO to New Delhi in May 2016 and medical was done in June 2016
Thanks.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi guys,

Just wanted to post this after a long time. I sponsored my mother in January 2014.

- Confirmation that application was accepted as part of 2014 quota.
- Since March 2016, it says In progress.
- Today I received call from CIC asking about previous under taking.

I don't think they have even finished Step 1 for me. I am not in rush sine my mother has visitors visa.

I am one of those waiting since January 2014 without any updates :)

saindia

Apr 20, 2016
Hi All,
A quick and final update. Today we completed landing for my parents at queenston. As explained by others, it was a very simple process. I reached US border at 10:05 PM. The US border guard, didn't even ask us to go inside the office. He actually was nice enough to page one of his colleague to bring d flagpole doc outside and handed it over to us to write the names and Off we went, back to Canada. Total time at US side 5 mins.

10:10 PM at Canadian border, Border was empty and we were the only one inside. The entire process of landing on Canadian side took 20 mins and by 10:30 we had the landing paper with us after completing all the procedures.

It's nice to finally close this chapter. I wish good luck to all those still waiting to hear at various stages. Hopefully, all the 2014 cases close soon. All the best folks! And thanks to everyone who answered all my queries and all those who kept on posting updates on what to expect at each step. Thanks!

milpan

Aug 13, 2013
crazystar said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to post this after a long time. I sponsored my mother in January 2014.

I don't think they have even finished Step 1 for me. I am not in rush sine my mother has visitors visa.

I am in same situation but i haven't reveived any call yet, just says In progress since March 2016

milpan

Aug 13, 2013
crazystar said:
@milpan, did you have any previous sponsorship obligations?
No I didn't had any previous obligations. I have sponsored both my parents and cosponsored my mother in law and my income is well under criteria

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
milpan said:
No I didn't had any previous obligations. I have sponsored both my parents and cosponsored my mother in law and my income is well under criteria
I'm in the same 2014 Jan, Processing since March boat :)

No calls, my wife sponsored me, and co-signed the sponsorship app for my parents. So she got an undertaking, but we haven't had any calls.

Last known status from gcms, they were waiting on a SSA check (which is stupid, because both our tax returns provided with application) from one region.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
saindia said:
Hi All,
A quick and final update. Today we completed landing for my parents at queenston. As explained by others, it was a very simple process. I reached US border at 10:05 PM. The US border guard, didn't even ask us to go inside the office. He actually was nice enough to page one of his colleague to bring d flagpole doc outside and handed it over to us to write the names and Off we went, back to Canada. Total time at US side 5 mins.

10:10 PM at Canadian border, Border was empty and we were the only one inside. The entire process of landing on Canadian side took 20 mins and by 10:30 we had the landing paper with us after completing all the procedures.

It's nice to finally close this chapter. I wish good luck to all those still waiting to hear at various stages. Hopefully, all the 2014 cases close soon. All the best folks! And thanks to everyone who answered all my queries and all those who kept on posting updates on what to expect at each step. Thanks!
That was something new that you didn't even have to get out of the vehicle in cold winter.

Anyway, I've shared your story in my flag-poling collections: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpole-experiences-parents-landing-t462476.15.html

I also added yourself to 2014 SS. I will appreciate if you fill out the missing info whenever you have time. Thanks.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
HI ,

I am very surprised to heard that you received a call?.

Please beware about fraud call. Confirm with customer service representative.

Thanks

crazystar said:
Hi guys,

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Apl2014 said:
HI ,

I am very surprised to heard that you received a call?.

Please beware about fraud call. Confirm with customer service representative.

Thanks

Actually, you made a very good point. When I received the call, I told the the officer that I am not comfortable talking. He said its up to you and asked if he should send email instead. I asked few questions about file number, date of birth and my mothers name. He read it on my file and ask if I am comfortable now?

In terms of questions, he just wanted to get information about my marital status and previous sponsorship commitment. He said he is calling from Mississauga office.

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'm also in the same No news from CIC boat.

Applied in Jan 2014, been accepted in the batch. App started processing in March 2016 and no news since.

From GCMS notes, it also says waiting on info regarding previous undertaking. My husband sponsored me as well.

I did not receive any calls or emails in that regards.. hopefully they are looking at our cases now.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
2014parentSponsor said:
I'm also in the same No news from CIC boat.

Applied in Jan 2014, been accepted in the batch. App started processing in March 2016 and no news since.

From GCMS notes, it also says waiting on info regarding previous undertaking. My husband sponsored me as well.

I did not receive any calls or emails in that regards.. hopefully they are looking at our cases now.
Hi,

Is your spouse co-signer on the application? and when did you come to Canada?

My spouse is co-signer, and I came in 2012. trying to see if there are any similarities !!

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
crazystar said:
Actually, you made a very good point. When I received the call, I told the the officer that I am not comfortable talking. He said its up to you and asked if he should send email instead. I asked few questions about file number, date of birth and my mothers name. He read it on my file and ask if I am comfortable now?

In terms of questions, he just wanted to get information about my marital status and previous sponsorship commitment. He said he is calling from Mississauga office.
Are you the primary applicant? or co-signer? trying to see whether they will call co-signer too.

jay81

Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I had sponsored my parents in January 2014 and I received a confirmation around June/ July 2014 for the same. Now looking at this forum it seems that most people's parents immigration is either finalized or close to finalization. However, I still haven't anything since the last letter I received in 2014. Any suggestions what I can do?

Thank You,
Jay