+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
kiwi2016 said:
Me too... In Process, although I've been approved and my application has been transferred to LVO.

I have noticed that no one from 2011 has been asked for medicals yet either, and we all seem to be in the same boat... keep crossing our fingers and sitting tight I guess!
When did they receive your application? You have been approved as a sponsor? But your ecas says "In process"?

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
When did they receive your application? You have been approved as a sponsor? But your ecas says "In process"?
It seems to happen to lots of people that way, my status in ecas was only changed to in process a while after my file was transferred.... my file was received Jan 3 at about 8:45am. I think there's a few of us up to this stage, just waiting for medicals... well I hope that's what's next! :)

ponnybejoy

Mar 29, 2016
My parents file transferred to local office New Delhi . But my parents will be in Canada until 2018. So is there any way to move the file from New Delhi to Ottawa office?

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Anthony42 said:
Hmm so you haven't received sponsorship approval yet?
No, should I have? Did any of the Jan 2014 applicants receive anything already that I didnt?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I want to suggest something re: In-Process status. As I said in the disclaimer of the SS that I'm new to the processing so I will update it accordingly.

It seems to me the "In-Process" status shown in E-CAS before getting 'sponsorship approval' is just for step-1 (sponsorship). It may say "Decision Made" once you get final approval. Then, it will be transferred to LVO for PR processing and E-CAS may only get updated under your parent's name (I don't know yet). If this is the fact, the ones showing "In-Process" now in the SS are still waiting for Step-1 to be finalized.

In this case, as my SS is little confusing, do you guys want 2 separate columns for E-CAS Status? One for Step-1 (sponsorship) and the other for Step-2 (PR). I formatted it keeping in mind that "In-process" means PR application is in-process.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:
I want to suggest something re: In-Process status. As I said in the disclaimer of the SS that I'm new to the processing so I will update it accordingly.

It seems to me the "In-Process" status shown in E-CAS before getting 'sponsorship approval' is just for step-1 (sponsorship). It may say "Decision Made" once you get final approval. Then, it will be transferred to LVO for PR processing and E-CAS may only get updated under your parent's name (I don't know yet). If this is the fact, the ones showing "In-Process" now in the SS are still waiting for Step-1 to be finalized.

In this case, as my SS is little confusing, do you guys want 2 separate columns for E-CAS Status? One for Step-1 (sponsorship) and the other for Step-2 (PR). I formatted it keeping in mind that "In-process" means PR application is in-process.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks.
You are correct in that you will see "in process" twice. First as you rightly say before the sponsorship part of the process is completed.Once this is complete this column will change to "decision made"

The second column for step 2 will then show "in process" once work is started on the file at the LVO, until then that column will show "application received"

Hope that makes some sense. Also as the sponsor you will see both columns on Ecas. The principal applicant(ie your mum/dad) will only see the second column on their Ecas.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
soonihope said:
You are correct in that you will see "in process" twice. First as you rightly say before the sponsorship part of the process is completed.Once this is complete this column will change to "decision made"

The second column for step 2 will then show "in process" once work is started on the file at the LVO, until then that column will show "application received"

Hope that makes some sense. Also as the sponsor you will see both columns on Ecas. The principal applicant(ie your mum/dad) will only see the second column on their Ecas.
This reasoning all sounds very logical, however doesn't seem to be true in reality. I received sponsorship approval, and file has been transferred to LVO, my status under sponsorship only changed to In Process several weeks after receiving approval, and there it stays, the permanent residency application still just says received.

There could be a chance that they're focusing on getting us all processed, and not updating ecas as religiously, after all, it's those emails that we receive from them that matter more I would think? I can't see any other reason for ecas not updating.... unless you guys know otherwise?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kiwi2016 said:
This reasoning all sounds very logical, however doesn't seem to be true in reality. I received sponsorship approval, and file has been transferred to LVO, my status under sponsorship only changed to In Process several weeks after receiving approval, and there it stays, the permanent residency application still just says received.

There could be a chance that they're focusing on getting us all processed, and not updating ecas as religiously, after all, it's those emails that we receive from them that matter more I would think? I can't see any other reason for ecas not updating.... unless you guys know otherwise?
Your case is perfect. It's a known fact that E-CAS doesn't always get updated for various reasons. Furthermore, it, most times, lags behind the actual step of processing. But the way your case is moving forward follows PGP steps. You shouldn't worry about E-CAS status as long as CIC communicates with you directly.

These are the steps I assumed (E-CAS may not get updated at each step):
1. After payment acceptance, CIC sends you AOR with File No. (1st AOR in my SS)
2. CIC may ask for additional docs (forms, NOA's etc.) before sponsorship approval
3. CIC may issue another AOR after receipt of the above docs (2nd AOR in my SS)
4. CIC communicates with you re: sponsorship approval
5. Upon approval, PR files are transferred to LVO
6. LVO may ask for additional docs (forms, dependent's info etc.)
7. LVO asks for Medical and PCC
8. LVO may issue an AOR upon receipt of Medical/PCC/Docs
9. LVO sends PPR with RPRF
10. LVO sends back the PP with PR Visa

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Rossei said:
Your case is perfect. It's a known fact that E-CAS doesn't always get updated for various reasons. Furthermore, it, most times, lags behind the actual step of processing. But the way your case is moving forward follows PGP steps. You shouldn't worry about E-CAS status as long as CIC communicates with you directly.

These are the steps I assumed (E-CAS may not get updated at each step):
1. After payment acceptance, CIC sends you AOR with File No. (1st AOR in my SS)
2. CIC may ask for additional docs (forms, NOA's etc.) before sponsorship approval
3. CIC may issue another AOR after receipt of the above docs (2nd AOR in my SS)
4. CIC communicates with you re: sponsorship approval
5. Upon approval, PR files are transferred to LVO
6. LVO may ask for additional docs (forms, dependent's info etc.)
7. LVO asks for Medical and PCC
8. LVO may issue an AOR upon receipt of Medical/PCC/Docs
9. LVO sends PPR with RPRF
10. LVO sends back the PP with PR Visa
Aahhhh I'm sure we all can't wait for step 10!!!

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
I applied to sponsor my mother in Jan 2014. Today I got an email saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. But it also says that the application has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa, which is a surprise. I was expecting it to go to New Delhi (since my mom lives in India). Anybody knows how long from now?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
hobbes said:
I applied to sponsor my mother in Jan 2014. Today I got an email saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. But it also says that the application has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa, which is a surprise. I was expecting it to go to New Delhi (since my mom lives in India). Anybody knows how long from now?
I think your are the first case I officially heard of, to have received sponsorship approval for 2014 batch. Congrats!!! What day in Jan 2014 was your app received?

CPC-Ottawa seems to be more efficient and they tend to transfer straight forward cases to that office for processing.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
missmywife said:
Hi Rossei or any other members....I have a question regarding my mothers sponsorship...can you please help me.

I applied for my mothers sponsorship in Jan 2014. She is currently living with me in Canada on a super visa and will continue living here hopefully till Feb 2018.

Since the time I applied for her PR, my status has changes and my job has changed. I got married and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved. Have a different (better) job and have moved cities.

Keeping all the above in mind should I call/email CIC and update my information...like my mothers address to address in canada. My marital status and my job? If yes, what is the best way to do it? Please help me members.
Hi Rossei...any suggestion for my situation above? Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
missmywife said:
Hi Rossei or any other members....I have a question regarding my mothers sponsorship...can you please help me.

I applied for my mothers sponsorship in Jan 2014. She is currently living with me in Canada on a super visa and will continue living here hopefully till Feb 2018.

Since the time I applied for her PR, my status has changes and my job has changed. I got married and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved. Have a different (better) job and have moved cities.

Keeping all the above in mind should I call/email CIC and update my information...like my mothers address to address in canada. My marital status and my job? If yes, what is the best way to do it? Please help me members.
RoyalNS has already answered your question correctly. Use the webform if you wish to report important changes, such as a change in address, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment or urgent requests. If you are reporting an address change, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. FYI, webform lets you upload supporting documents as well. But I'm not too sure if you can fit all your changes in one request. You can try calling CIC Call Centre and seek their advise first.

Anyway, you got married, changed job, changed address - for all of these you should/must have notified CIC.

Your mother is here with you on SV and you want to change her address. That's really a minor thing now. My mother is with me as well on SV and although I put my Canadian address as her current address, E-CAS shows her home address. I'm not much bothered about this. For a single parent, the application tends to stay within Canada (Ottawa). If your parent(s) have dependents, no matter what you do, it will go to LVO.