+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
jzsga1 said:
Don't get me wrong. I just quote your message and continue, which makes you feel offended. If so, I am sorry.

I am actually quoting these people who are trying to file complaints to CIC about they are processing 2014 batch over theirs.
There are already actions going on by mass calling CIC and sending numerous emails even to local MP. Still I am asking 2014 applicants to keep themselves to themselves if they have thrilled good news until CIC announces to process 2014 ones officially to avoid unnecessary argument. It's good for everybody.

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
canwait said:
I'm sure people like you who only think about themselves only may say that.

People like soonihope are actually the ones who help and guide newcomers like us. Soonihope is right when she calls you a selfish person. May be in 5 years you are still waiting for your case to be processed. We will then see if someone will stand up for you.

It is because people in the world today only care about themselves that we have so much hatred and people like you spread this hate.
Of course I think about myself, I don't see you writing to Immigration minister and thanking him for fast tracking 2014 cases. How selfish it is of you think about yourself only and not my file. Hahaha

canwait

Jan 11, 2015
Anthony42 said:
Of course I think about myself, I don't see you writing to Immigration minister and thanking him for fast tracking 2014 cases. How selfish it is of you think about yourself only. Hahaha
those who only think about themselves usually find one day when they need help that no one helps them. I have no need to write to anyone to slow down 2014 applications. I think even people from 2014 found you rude.

You keep saying you are selfish I am sure your parents must be ashamed of a child who is so selfish.

My parents told me to wish people well and good things happen to you as well .

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
canwait said:
those who only think about themselves usually find one day when they need help that no one helps them. I have no need to write to anyone to slow down 2014 applications. I think even people from 2014 found you rude.

You keep saying you are selfish I am sure your parents must be ashamed of a child who is so selfish.

My parents told me to wish people well and good things happen to you as well . So even though you are a nasty person I hope your case is finished quickly anyway.
I wish you personally and the rest of 2011 cases the fastest reunification with the parents, just not at my expense.

NN2KIUE

Feb 27, 2016
canwait said:
I'm a 2011 case and have been reading this thread with interest. Some of you folks have no clue. For your information we have been patiently waiting for the past 5 years.

But I guess people like you think it's ok to push in front. You use the term "desi" in your post so I guess you are from India where you are used to pushing and not waiting in line.
So don't you go around preaching the Canadian way to us.

Many of you had problems with one person for posting information from this thread onto the 2011 thread. Good for him or her to reply to your idiotic remarks and to stand up for others like us.
You are not the only batch waiting for the past 5 years...... There are 2010 applicants still waiting and on top of that what are the applicants of 2014/2015/2016 doing??? Yes, from the sound of it, it seems like 2014 applicants are so far behind 2011 applicants but in reality had CIC not stopped accepting applications, the 2014 applicants will be right there in end of 2011 queue....

as some have said please let CIC do their job and stop criticizing them... you should be thankful to Canada to give you this option.... remember PR/citizenship is not a right, it's a privilege....

as far as soonihope; you don't need to post in every parental sponsorship thread about the status of 2014 applicants... if others are interested they may check this thread themselves, no one is stopping them... all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and making everyone upset....

CIC is not unfair to anyone... they are not a perfect organization but without them, no one can get their parents here.... learn to respect and appreciate.... good luck to all the applicants....

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Print

OTTAWA — The Liberals have raised the cap on the number of applications the government will accept for the coveted parent and grandparent visa program.

The immigration minister issued formal instructions Friday that this year and in each year going forward, 10,000 applications will be accepted, up from 5,000 in each of the previous two years.

Raising the cap on applications was a promise the Liberals made during the election campaign.

The move signals that the broader Liberal plan on how many immigrants Canada will accept in 2016 is likely nearing release, as Immigration Minister John McCallum had previously said the two were connected.

john mccallum
Immigration Minister John McCallum speaks at a press conference in Ottawa. (Photo: Fred Chartrand/CP)

The parent and grandparent visa program is one of the most popular immigration streams but in 2011, the previous Conservative government shut it down, citing problems with the program and a need to work through a massive backlog in applications.

When they reopened the program in 2014, they made a number of changes, including increasing how much money someone is required to have before sponsoring a parent or grandparent, and how long that support must be guaranteed.

But the most criticized step was a cap on new applications at 5,000. The Liberals had promised to increase it during last year's campaign.

They had signalled the move was coming in January, when rather than cutting off intake of new applications at 5,000, they accepted over 14,000.

Still working files from 2011

The first 10,000 complete files will be processed on top of those already in the system.

According to information on the Immigration Department's website, they are still working through files received before Nov. 4, 2011.

"These instructions contribute to a strategy to facilitate family reunification and fulfil the Government of Canada's commitment to double new application intake to a maximum of 10 000 applications annually," say the ministerial instructions for the new cap, published online Friday afternoon.

While the instructions change the cap, they don't change any other elements of the program, including the applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

This has created a lucrative business for couriers who are charging hundreds of dollars to guarantee an application is first in the queue.

After a public outcry earlier this year, McCallum had said he would look into if any changes could be made in future years, but noted the increased cap would ease some of the crunch.

Program admitted 18,000 in 2014

In 2014, the last year for which full figures are available, just over 18,000 people were admitted into Canada under the program.

How many people will actually come to Canada this year under the program will be contained in what's known as the immigration levels plan, a document the government is required to publish each year by Nov. 1.

Since the House of Commons was not sitting then because of the election, the Liberals now have until March 9 to publish the information.

Also on HuffPost:

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
NN2KIUE said:
as far as soonihope; you don't need to post in every parental sponsorship thread about the status of 2014 applicants... if others are interested they may check this thread themselves, no one is stopping them... all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and making everyone upset....
I will continue to post in any thread I wish however I may suggest that you avoid reading any other thread.
That way you won't get upset as you mentioned in your post.

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
NN2KIUE said:
You don't get it. She needs it. I wish 2014 thread would be password protected for non 2014 batch, too many come here to witch about things

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Anthony42 said:
You don't get it. She needs it. I hope 2014 thread would be password protected for non 2014 batch, too many come here to witch about things
I'm not a she and definitely not a witch.

it's not for me to insult you because then I would be no better than you.

Again this is a public forum don't post if you can't handle the information being shared.

Jan 6, 2014
Wow - At what point do we move on as adults and get past all the bitching/preaching (both ways)?

Can we please get back to posting updates which was the intent of this thread? Of course, this being a democracy, only folks who want to post their updates will, the rest will refrain. Fine both ways.

I'm curious about the user who posted their parents received request fro Medical. Would be great if he/she could share more detail.

NN2KIUE

Feb 27, 2016
soonihope said:
I will continue to post in any thread I wish however I may suggest that you avoid reading any other thread.
That way you won't get upset as you mentioned in your post.
you have freedom to post as you wish... but remember; with freedom comes responsibility...

as admin deleted your earlier reply to my post.... you may/may not have said anything untrue... but do you have any proof of 2014 applicants getting their medicals requested??? it's online forum, anyone can write anything here... for all we know that individual may/may not be joking.... so what you been doing is spreading information without having any facts...

and as you said in your deleted post that I should not lecture you... I wasn't lecturing you but I do have one tiny advice for you: don't believe everything you read on the internet...

Unfortunately, many 2014 applicants will be now hesitant to share any good news.... defeating the purpose of this forum/thread...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
FingersCrossed10x said:
Wow - At what point do we move on as adults and get past all the bitching/preaching (both ways)?

Can we please get back to posting updates which was the intent of this thread?
Couldn't agree more but wish others on this thread could also read your remark and understand it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kiwi2016 said:
So excited!! Just got an email from immigration, approved as a sponsor and my mum's application has been sent to Ottawa... looks like we're all being sent to Ottawa as my mum is not in Canada (although she will be soon on a parent supervise) I AM SO HAPPY!! keep checking your email guys... could be any day... my application was received on Jan 3rd before 9am.
Congrats!

BTW
Do you guys really want to share your progress? Are you even interested in updating/adding to the Google SS I created for 2014 applicants. If not, please let me know. I will immediately delete it as I don't want to waste my time when no one reports any update. FYI, I'm not a 2014 applicant.

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
Rossei said:
Congrats!

BTW
Do you guys really want to share your progress? Are you even interested in updating/adding to the Google SS I created for 2014 applicants. If not, please let me know. I will immediately delete it as I don't want to waste my time when no one reports any update. FYI, I'm not a 2014 applicant.
Hi Rossei,

Some people from 2011 are not happy seeing any progress happening in 2014. This is why some of the 2014 guys suggested that any news from 2014 or later batch should be on hold and not released in this forum before 2011 guys got approvals. Personally I still believe it is good to document any news happening here, no matter in which batch. About the sheet, I don't know and I am not a 2014 applicant neither. Let 2014 guys decide. No matter what we appreciate your work and good heart!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I updated that spreadsheet twice but my info has been deleted. I am not interested to waste my time again and again to update the spreadsheet.

Rossei said:
Congrats!

BTW