+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
I m so upset right now. My application was returned and the letter stated that I provided the wrong CVV number for my credit card. I phoned and checked with my credit card and they told me that the person who processed the credit card entered the wrong expiry date. My card exp 1115 whoever did it entered 0114! I double checked the form and I put everything correctly.
My application arrived on Jan 6 and they tried to process my cc on Jan 24. I just received the return application form yesterday Feb 3. Without knowing that the cap was reached I ran to the bank and resubmitted the application again via courier with a certified cheque instead.
I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to appeal this. Any suggestions?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear that, but don't worry, you can submit the application again in 2015. The applications submitted in 2014 and 2015 should be processed around the same time anyways. Just have everything ready to send in 11 months and hope and pray that they won't make such an unfortunate mistake again.

broham said:
I m so upset right now. My application was returned and the letter stated that I provided the wrong CVV number for my credit card. I phoned and checked with my credit card and they told me that the person who processed the credit card entered the wrong expiry date. My card exp 1115 whoever did it entered 0114! I double checked the form and I put everything correctly.
My application arrived on Jan 6 and they tried to process my cc on Jan 24. I just received the return application form yesterday Feb 3. Without knowing that the cap was reached I ran to the bank and resubmitted the application again via courier with a certified cheque instead.

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
broham said:
You must call CIC helpdesk
They will respond
This seems to be reasonable case

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
abhi812 said:
You must call CIC helpdesk
They will respond
This seems to be reasonable case
True. They can definitely admit their mistake and add one more application as an exception.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi

I am posting it here as advised by another member.

5000 CAP reached for PGP. I believe my application will not make it in the 5000 as it reached on Jan 28th.

Will I get notification in Mail or Email.....

Will the Returns process start now - I mean - as it is nothing to do with content of the application rather the CAP is reached now...
Hi WE LOVE CANADA,
I am on the same boat here.
I called CIC today and they said that we have to wait for a acknwolege letter.I assume that they will send back the package as well.They don't know how long it will take.
But here is what I am thinking( out loud)..If on 20-th Jan.2500 applications were open(1200 accepted),how is possible on 3th Feb.(shorter period of time)to have 5000 accepted??Anyone?
In the intervew on 20-th Jan Federal Immigration Minister Alexander (Chris Alexander)even said that it's not too late to send the documents. That's one of the reason I was still hoping.Also,I asked my courier to ask the person who received the documents(on 21-st) if he can tell how many they have so far(so I know roughly if I have a chance)and he told him around 6000-7000 ,but many are being returned....

Jan 31, 2014
Suin said:
True. They can definitely admit their mistake and add one more application as an exception.
Only if they keep the record that you have submitted the file earlier on, normally in these cases CIC dont keep the record. Plus how you are going to prove that 1st time when you send the application credit card exp date was fine.
Just keep your finger cross and hope they do keep the record which apps they rejected, why and when.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Possible explanations:

1. They started putting more effort into opening applications not necessarily from January 2nd, but from around January 10th for e.g.

2. More applications received in the last two weeks, and more of these later applications were complete applications compared to those received within the first week. This is because most of those who were ineligible rushed to get in their applications fast, whereas the eligible ones took their time to send complete applications, so the later applications had higher rate of eligibility.

3. The figures that you have may not necessarily be accurate as we don't know how reliable that source is.

myapp2014 said:
Hi WE LOVE CANADA,
I am on the same boat here.
I called CIC today and they said that we have to wait for a acknwolege letter.I assume that they will send back the package as well.They don't know how long it will take.
But here is what I am thinking( out loud)..If on 20-th Jan.2500 applications were open(1200 accepted),how is possible on 3th Feb.(shorter period of time)to have 5000 accepted??Anyone?
In the intervew on 20-th Jan Federal Immigration Minister Alexander (Chris Alexander)even said that it's not too late to send the documents. That's one of the reason I was still hoping.Also,I asked my courier to ask the person who received the documents(on 21-st) if he can tell how many they have so far(so I know roughly if I have a chance)and he told him around 6000-7000 ,but many are being returned....

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I agree, it will be very difficult to prove. Plus, you are dealing with a department who has cancelled applications of 300,000 eligible PR applicants after making them wait for years and years. They don't really care. To them, you are just a statistics figure.

singh.sikander said:
Only if they keep the record that you have submitted the file earlier on, normally in these cases CIC dont keep the record. Plus how you are going to prove that 1st time when you send the application credit card exp date was fine.
Just keep your finger cross and hope they do keep the record which apps they rejected, why and when.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
CIC assigned me a UIC number on the letter that they sent back. I also have a copy of the application with the correct credit card info on it. When I sent my application back to them, the very first page of my application has a stamp showing Jan 6 when the application first arrived.
I spoke to the credit card today and they will send me a letter with a record showing that the card expiry date was entered incorrectly on that particular transaction. Hopefully they'll investigate.

singh.sikander said:

YYZguy416 said:
I agree, it will be very difficult to prove. Plus, you are dealing with a department who has cancelled applications of 300,000 eligible PR applicants after making them wait for years and years. They don't really care. To them, you are just a statistics figure.

Jan 31, 2014
broham said:
CIC assigned me a UIC number on the letter that they sent back. I also have a copy of the application with the correct credit card info on it. When I sent my application back to them, the very first page of my application has a stamp showing Jan 6 when the application first arrived.
I spoke to the credit card today and they will send me a letter with a record showing that the card expiry date was entered incorrectly on that particular transaction. Hopefully they'll investigate.
In this case you have solid proof. Did you have proof when you send the application 1st time credit card expiration was correct.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
amenia said:
They are probably requesting the in for so they can decided on him as a sponsor. I did a mistake of sending a photo copies of one of the applications instead of the original and they need original because of the signature and they sent the whole thing back. Because there job is to also Make sure all the info is there. As soon as u send them what they want u will see right after I bet if he can sponsor you or not is the file still with CIC or is it at the VO
For those that sent in scanned signatures of their parents with their application and got in on the 5000 cap. Here is the above quote mentioned that the whole application was sent back because of scanned signature using photocopies. Even though this was for spousal sponsorship, I would suspect PGP applications would be no different.

Screech339

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
broham said:
It's always worth of trying. You will not lose anything anyway, but a try. And you never know - you can also win as they are good on accepting their mistakes too sometimes.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
broham said:
You can hope for the best, but getting the government to put any time and effort into an investigation that would just prove they made a mistake... well IMO you have a slim to none chance and will just hear a lot of "there's nothing we can do" and "sorry". Of course it doesn't hurt to try, and most likely when you call you'll need to elevate the call to a supervisor and even further (such as an ombudsman).

The worst case scenario is that you apply again in Jan 2015. The difference in processing between the Jan 2014 and 2015 apps will not by much anyways. At the end of the day they are just 10K apps total that are all behind the 50K+ other apps still in the backlog.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
New to this forum.

My application was received on Jan 21st and CC has not been charged up yet.
I thought i'm not in 5K cap but found the following news.

Don't lose our hope!!!

"According to officials, the annual limit for PGP sponsorship applications with new eligibility criteria was reached 33 days after it opened." [/b]