+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5,000 complete Parent and Grandparent program (PGP) applications now received since start of 2014

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-02-03a.asp

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
OnePieceOne said:
How big is the backlog currently?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-29a.asp
I think this means they expect the backlog to be around 50,000 apps by 2015.

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
5,000 complete Parent and Grandparent program (PGP) applications now received since start of 2014
Interesting. I do hope that the applications for which the CC was charged made it to the 5000 quota. Would be good to hear from others who applied late, and had the applications returned.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hishman said:
Interesting. I do hope that the applications for which the CC was charged made it to the 5000 quota. Would be good to hear from others who applied late, and had the applications returned.
If app wasn't returned, they probably made it all

Jan 31, 2014
I wish CIC can process 1st stage this year, as if anybody gets rejected in the 1st stage they can re-apply next year instead of waiting for 2-3 years

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
I guess I didn't make to the 5000 gap :(,based on the new posting.
I had to wait for real signutares and translated document to come so I can send it to Mississauga.
My application was received on 21-st around 2:30pm.I saw some applications received on 21-st CC was charged,but I guess I am The unlucky one.
My credit card was Not charged as of today(which I was hoping it will be charged this week,based on the timeline posted)
The good thing is that I will know better next year and I am thinking that it shouldn't be such a difference if I was last this year or one of the first next year...
Just to mention I do qualify for income for all years and just wanted to make sure everything is submitted right :)
Hopefully they will send my package back...
Well....rules are rules and we have to follow them,isn't it?

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
To applicants in Quebec,

It seems general processing time for those in Quebec is different. I read on another forum about several Quebec PGP applicants submitting their cases to CIC-M Dec 2009 and had visas issued to their parents in Jan 2014. It seems to me that after clearing the first stage at Mississauga and getting CSQ, their respective LVO started evaluating them right away, without the second stage wait time of up to 60 months at the local office level.

Could anyone confirm or deny if this is indeed the norm?

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
OnePieceOne said:
To applicants in Quebec,

It seems general processing time for those in Quebec is different. I read on another forum about several Quebec PGP applicants submitting their cases to CIC-M Dec 2009 and had visas issued to their parents in Jan 2014. It seems to me that after clearing the first stage at Mississauga and getting CSQ, their respective LVO started evaluating them right away, without the second stage wait time of up to 60 months at the local office level.

Could anyone confirm or deny if this is indeed the norm?
There is no priority for QC applications. PGP applicants from 2009, 2010 are being processed regardless of which province the sponsor is a resident off.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
If CIC keeps up the processing at current levels of the backlog applications, in 2 years they will clear the backlog of PGP apps from before and including 2011. My guess is they will start 1st stage processing for 2014 applications in Mississauga in mid-late 2015 early 2016. I think first decisions on the 2014 PGP applications from VO will come late in 2017 early 2018. This is estimated based on how many applications were processed in 2012 for PGP.

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
MofC2014 said:
There is no priority for QC applications. PGP applicants from 2009, 2010 are being processed regardless of which province the sponsor is a resident off.
Step 2 varies country by country. Applications processed in Hong Kong take only 12 months, while those in other places can take over 60 months. It is kind of unfair to people not from Hong Kong, but who said the process was fair :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Hishman said:
Step 2 varies country by country. Applications processed in Hong King take only 12 months, while those in other places can take over 60 months. It is kind of unfair to people not from Hong Kong, but who said the process was fair :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp
That's true, it is unfair. I think CIC should move to centralized processing within Canada, it would eliminate a lot of country specific nonsense. I started reviewing spousal processing for other developed countries, and I was shocked to learn that Canada has one of the longest wait times as for example compared with Australia. Same goes for PGP program.

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
MofC2014 said:
I don't think you understood my question. I do not contest that during the evaluation of the sponsor stage (happens at CIC-M) every application is treated the same in terms of priority. What I suggest is, after passing the first stage, and moving onto the local visa office stage, applications from Quebec seem fast tracked. The cases I was refering to in question had their first stage completed 3rd quarter last year, and after them getting the CSQ, (which is a must step after stage 1 and before stage 2), and then the visas were issues Jan 2014. There didn't seem to be any waiting time at all. I refer to at least 3 different cases, all Quebec, and I know their visa offices belong to one of those that have wait time in the 50-60 months range.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
OnePieceOne said:
I don't think you understood my question. I do not contest that during the evaluation of the sponsor stage (happens at CIC-M) every application is treated the same in terms of priority. What I suggest is, after passing the first stage, and moving onto the local visa office stage, applications from Quebec seem fast tracked. The cases I was refering to in question had their first stage completed 3rd quarter last year, and after them getting the CSQ, (which is a must step after stage 1 and before stage 2), and then the visas were issues Jan 2014. There didn't seem to be any waiting time at all. I refer to at least 3 different cases, all Quebec, and I know their visa offices belong to one of those that have wait time in the 50-60 months range.
Are you trying to say the apps from the french province was fast tracked at respective LVO's?

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
user828 said:
Are you trying to say the apps from the french province was fast tracked at respective LVO's?
From the 3 cases I saw on another immigration forum, yes that's what I am trying to say.