CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
We submitted PR app on September 5th and BOWP application on September 7th... Our pr app went to IP2 on September 28th. Heard nothing since. Our work permits expired October 5th.

Is it even possible to get BOWP before PPR? My BOWP status is just submitted and it says they will send me a message when it changes to in progress. I can't find threads saying people have got BOWP before PPR so that's why I am starting one.

I'm on implied status and it's frustrating as we have no healthcare coverage. Ontario health cards expired and we are enable to get them renewed whilst on implied status.

I called CIC last week after 20 trys they just said my application for PR is in progress and I have the required documents they are now at the stage of assessing them for eligibility.

I am changing jobs in January and moving provinces so I hope it happens before then.

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. Applied for PR on Sept 3rd and for BOWP on Sept 9th (my PGWP expired Sept 17th). Medicals on my PR application were passed on Sept 26th and went into ip2 at that time, but nothing since. Nothing ever on the BOWP application. I guess we just have to be patient. Good luck to you!

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. Applied for PR on Sept 3rd and for BOWP on Sept 9th (my PGWP expired Sept 17th). Medicals on my PR application were passed on Sept 26th and went into ip2 at that time, but nothing since. Nothing ever on the BOWP application. I guess we just have to be patient. Good luck to you!
It just sucks putting your life on hold. Scary that we have no health coverage yet we are paying taxes.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
We submitted PR app on September 5th and BOWP application on September 7th... Our pr app went to IP2 on September 28th. Heard nothing since. Our work permits expired October 5th.

Is it even possible to get BOWP before PPR? My BOWP status is just submitted and it says they will send me a message when it changes to in progress. I can't find threads saying people have got BOWP before PPR so that's why I am starting one.

I'm on implied status and it's frustrating as we have no healthcare coverage. Ontario health cards expired and we are enable to get them renewed whilst on implied status.

I called CIC last week after 20 trys they just said my application for PR is in progress and I have the required documents they are now at the stage of assessing them for eligibility.

I am changing jobs in January and moving provinces so I hope it happens before then.
Not sure about Ontario, but Alberta Health Card can be renewed for another 6 months if you can provide your application number for work permit or PR application.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Not sure about Ontario, but Alberta Health Card can be renewed for another 6 months if you can provide your application number for work permit or PR application.
I thought so to in Ontario and I went there with all the above and they said nope. She even called the ministry and checked as I was sure you could in Ontario too. She said only if you have it in writing you have been approved in principle.

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018

The processing times currently for OWP/BOWP is 66 days.Usually the safest way to apply bowp is once you get AOR and before the visa expires in 4 months or less. you would get the information reg this by searching the forums. Good luck....

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
..I submitted BOWP on Sep 18th....I hope it comes before the end of Nov..
It should if they keep going at the pace. It said 66 processing days for work permit extensions and it was exactly accurate for me since mine actually got approved on the 14th, I just got the notification only today but is dated the 14th which was exactly 66 days after my submission.

Reactions: chandrakuragayala