+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will we get client ID

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
Hi,

I sent my application for Spousal Sponsorship and it reached them on 22 nov. According to current wait times they will start processing my application towards the end of january. Will i get a letter from them confirming that they received my application with some ID? If not, how can we change the local mailing address in the application ? We need some sort of ID to use the online system. Please advise :)

Thanks !!!

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
You will get the UCI (universal client id) and file number with your sponsor approval letter sometime in january as u mentioned. Unless the sponsor is a PR then he/she can use the same UCI but you can only log on to eCAS when they start processing your files which again would be in January.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
Thank you for you reply.

Will they send a copy of the letter(sponsorship approval) to my email ? (i did put down my email address in the application).

If not, can we call the call center agent and ask them to change the address ?

I have the receipt number(from paying fees online), but ecas is not accepting that as one of the ID's.

So i guess if i decide to move within this 2 months i am at the mercy of person who moves into my house to tell me if i qualified or not :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsorship approval letter (CPCM does not confirm receipt of application, only approval of sponosr) will show sponsor's UCI/Client ID xxxx-xxxx, AOR from VO will show primary applicant's Client ID. If you have any previous dealings with CIC like a study or work permit, you already have a Client ID. As far as using e-CAS, you won't be able to log in now or even for a bit after they approve sponsorship, but that can be done with the receipt number you already have or the Client ID and file numbers you'll get on the sponsorship approval. Obviously, logging in as the sponsor shows both parts of the processing while logging in as the PA only shows the part that entails processing at the VO. I would not contact them to change an address until after it's forwarded to the VO.
dinmab said:
Hi,

I sent my application for Spousal Sponsorship and it reached them on 22 nov. According to current wait times they will start processing my application towards the end of january. Will i get a letter from them confirming that they received my application with some ID? If not, how can we change the local mailing address in the application ? We need some sort of ID to use the online system. Please advise :)

Thanks !!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't log in because there's nothing to show on e-cas yet. Sign up for e-cas tracker and it will let you know when it's able to log you in, which will definitely NOT be before sponsorship approval and/or forward to the VO.
dinmab said:
I have the receipt number(from paying fees online), but ecas is not accepting that as one of the ID's.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
This is exactly why i love the ppl in this forum.

Thank you so much.

I tot that the client id was only for one time use :).

I have my client id will try to log in through that.

So i will be able to change my address using my client id by calling the call center right ? (after they started processing )

thanks again.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem. Seriously, don't try to log in right now because you cannot log in no matter what you use.......they just got your application 2 days ago! Again, sign up for e-cas tracker and like I said, I would wait until the PR portion is forwarded to the VO to change the address.....even then it becomes hairy, depending on the VO you are dealing with. You may get the approval via email. If you get it via mail, ask whoever is at that address to notify you.
dinmab said:
This is exactly why i love the ppl in this forum.

Thank you so much.

I tot that the client id was only for one time use :).

I have my client id will try to log in through that.

So i will be able to change my address using my client id by calling the call center right ? (after they started processing )

thanks again.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks again,

What is a VO ? and How do we sign up for ecas tracker ?

I will defn ask the person to mail me the letter from cic. but all i wanted to kno (in worst case scenario) was weather we will be able to get the result somehow.

if i can see the result in ecas i will be more than happy :) which i know is possible cos of the universal client id.

thanks a loot :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa Office.
dinmab said:
Thanks again,

What is a VO ?
https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/
dinmab said:
and How do we sign up for ecas tracker ?
You'll get the sponsorship approval letter either via mail or email. You can try to change your mailing address with Mississauga in the meantime, but I have no idea how complicated that will be.

dinmab said:
I will defn ask the person to mail me the letter from cic. but all i wanted to kno (in worst case scenario) was weather we will be able to get the result somehow.

if i can see the result in ecas i will be more than happy :) which i know is possible cos of the universal client id.

thanks a loot :)