+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will IRCC start dealing with Jan intakes?

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Few people applied for Jan intake getting approvals. Don't be jelous bro..nothing messy here.. you can politely walk away rather than posting useless comments..
U have to grow up to a level to read between the lines... If u dont understand, please ask the questions before passing on ur arrogant attitude on some one else..

60k indian applicants are waiting for biometrics with aip for oct intake, vfs is yet to open, they are going to handle oct first before jan intake, it is all looking messy is what i said, where the hell u saw jealousy in my comments.
Grow up.. My harsh comments are only to let u know that dont do these comments in the future and nothing personal...

Btw those applicants with jan 21 intake if they gave biometric they will get their ppr request accordingly, u dont need to tell me that...

Hope u take my words in a positive note

gimmick25

Sep 12, 2020
Hey guys, some good news. One of my good friend just received his correspondence letter for passport submission. He applied from America, non SDS for winter 21 intake and his application was completed on 29 September. Cheers!
U have to grow up to a level to read between the lines... If u dont understand, please ask the questions before passing on ur arrogant attitude on some one else..

60k indian applicants are waiting for biometrics with aip for oct intake, vfs is yet to open, they are going to handle oct first before jan intake, it is all looking messy is what i said, where the hell u saw jealousy in my comments.
Grow up.. My harsh comments are only to let u know that dont do these comments in the future and nothing personal...

Btw those applicants with jan 21 intake if they gave biometric they will get their ppr request accordingly, u dont need to tell me that...

Hope u take my words in a positive note
Can you share any official sources of information which says that 60k applications are waiting? I don't think so IRCC or Canadian embassy, new delhi has shared any such information.

Reactions: demme343

faisik

Nov 8, 2020
These are not accurate tho. My country's processing time switched from 24 weeks to 7. Some applicants got processed in a month (and approved before me, who applied 5 months before).

Once things open up (VFS) in your country it'll be a lot faster. You did the right thing deferring to next fall tho. Online learning sucks
VFS are open in my country now, the processing time was 16 weeks, yesterday it changed to 34 weeks

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Its my guess they are gonna issue visas at their own convenience,the ones with AIP might get their visas by January,the rest would have to wait till Feb-March.
Yeah, my assumptions are kinda similar but just a month quicker than what your assumed timelines are. Perhaps by December end those with AiP might get their decisions and the rest by Jan end maybe. These are really optimistic assumptions tho. Haha.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Yeah, my assumptions are kinda similar but just a month quicker than what your assumed timelines are. Perhaps by December end those with AiP might get their decisions and the rest by Jan end maybe. These are really optimistic assumptions tho. Haha.
I read some thread that says IRCC does not process applications during Christmas break,If they do then its possible.

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I read some thread that says IRCC does not process applications during Christmas break,If they do then its possible.
But most Jan intakes' courses start at the beginning of January. Getting approval till the end of that month doesn't really help much for Jan intake students :(

Reactions: Sathyanarayanan

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
But most Jan intakes' courses start at the beginning of January. Getting approval till the end of that month doesn't really help much for Jan intake students :(
You don't need study visa to start online studies in your home country.Don't panic,you will get yours soon.

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
You don't need study visa to start online studies in your home country.Don't panic,you will get yours soon.
But it’s highly risky. Jan intake students don’t have AIP which is an almost guarantee final approval. If take courses without study permit or AIP, firstly the courses you take will not be counted into PGWP, secondly if you are rejected while taking classes you may lose a part or even worse, the full tuition fee. All I hope is that either the rainstorm of approvals for Jan intake would come by the middle of December, or IRCC would announce some new policies for Jan intakes particularly.

Reactions: camper

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
But it’s highly risky. Jan intake students don’t have AIP which is an almost guarantee final approval. If take courses without study permit or AIP, firstly the courses you take will not be counted into PGWP, secondly if you are rejected while taking classes you may lose a part or even worse, the full tuition fee. All I hope is that either the rainstorm of approvals for Jan intake would come by the middle of December, or IRCC would announce some new policies for Jan intakes particularly.
I think the following section on IRCC site makes it pretty much clear that you are allowed to start studies remotely without having AiP if you're starting in January 2021. And the duration and courses you take since you start your classes (while waiting for final approval) and till the day you get your study permit will surely be counted toward PGWP.

---
If you’re outside of Canada
You’re still eligible for a PGWP if you can’t travel to Canada at this time and

• you have a study permit
  • you’ve been approved for a study permit
  • you applied for a study permit before starting your study program in the spring, summer or fall 2020 semester, or
  • you will apply for a study permit before starting your study program in the January 2021 semester
If you’re in this situation, you can begin your classes while outside Canada.

---

The risk factor is for those whose DLIs doesn't allow full refund in case of a refusal. I'm pretty sure a lot of DLIs are supportive towards a full refund in case of a refusal. And I really hope what you're saying about rainstorm of approvals by mid-Dec or at least new policies by then gets true. It will surely be a relief for a lot of students.

Boy619

Feb 6, 2020
I think the following section on IRCC site makes it pretty much clear that you are allowed to start studies remotely without having AiP if you're starting in January 2021. And the duration and courses you take since you start your classes (while waiting for final approval) and till the day you get your study permit will surely be counted toward PGWP.

---
If you’re outside of Canada
You’re still eligible for a PGWP if you can’t travel to Canada at this time and

• you have a study permit
  • you’ve been approved for a study permit
  • you applied for a study permit before starting your study program in the spring, summer or fall 2020 semester, or
  • you will apply for a study permit before starting your study program in the January 2021 semester
If you’re in this situation, you can begin your classes while outside Canada.

---

The risk factor is for those whose DLIs doesn't allow full refund in case of a refusal. I'm pretty sure a lot of DLIs are supportive towards a full refund in case of a refusal. And I really hope what you're saying about rainstorm of approvals by mid-Dec or at least new policies by then gets true. It will surely be a relief for a lot of students.
Thank God... I haven't paid any tuition fee. If they request me to pay I'm happy to do that.. and if they reject my visa because of that, well I'm happy to accept the refusal.