+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will I get Notice Of Decision?

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
I have had a hearing on Feb 16. At the end of hearing member said it is positive and he will mail to me. But neither me or my lawyer got the decision yet. Because its been more than 2 weeks I am kinda anxious about it. If somebody had their hearing recently, when your lawyer and you get the decision after member said it is positive at the end of hearing?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
I did mine last year and got the online version 3 weeks.

You have to be patient. You can use the online version to apply for PR.

You got this!

Mar 2, 2024
I have had a hearing on Feb 16. At the end of hearing member said it is positive and he will mail to me. But neither me or my lawyer got the decision yet. Because its been more than 2 weeks I am kinda anxious about it. If somebody had their hearing recently, when your lawyer and you get the decision after member said it is positive at the end of hearing?

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
I did mine last year and got the online version 3 weeks.

You have to be patient. You can use the online version to apply for PR.

You got this!
Did you have the lawyer or applied by yourself? Also when did it mail to you after you got the online version?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
I also had a lawyer. My lawyer sent me the online version 3 weeks after the hearing.

I got the physical copy, a month after the hearing.

It depends on the caseworker so just be hopeful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
2 weeks is the fastest you will receive but it is fairly common to get NOD within 1-2 months after hearing. Really depends on how administrative tasks are done by the member, whether they go on vacation or get sick during that time period, whether they are behind on their paperwork, etc. Wouldn’t worry.

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
2 weeks is the fastest you will receive but it is fairly common to get NOD within 1-2 months after hearing. Really depends on how administrative tasks are done by the member, whether they go on vacation or get sick during that time period, whether they are behind on their paperwork, etc. Wouldn’t worry.
Did you mean for the digital copy also that it can take 2 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you mean for the digital copy also that it can take 2 months?
There is typically not a huge difference in time between receiving the digital copy and hard copy. You typically only receive digital copy when paper copy is ready. Difference is the delivery time and time to go through internal mail.