+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when urgent pr card renewal starts to proceed

jun1

Jul 29, 2014
Hello,

Giving up waiting the result of pr card renewal application still not in progress, I had to send a urgent application by registered mail as following their instructions, which was delivered in their PO box on July.23, 2014.

Problem is I cannot check the status of my application by CIC online.

After I tried to call CIC office several times I succeeded in contacting them, who told me that it has not been opened yet and didn’t know when it will be.

I have to leave Canada on August. 15.

Is it possible for them to open it and send pr card before Aug.15?

Moreover, if I leave without pr card, do I have to apply again when I return, b/c their website mentions that pr card will be not sent outside Canada?

Any relative comment will be greatly appreciated.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
jun1 said:
Hello,

Giving up waiting the result of pr card renewal application still not in progress, I had to send a urgent application by registered mail as following their instructions, which was delivered in their PO box on July.23, 2014.

Problem is I cannot check the status of my application by CIC online.

After I tried to call CIC office several times I succeeded in contacting them, who told me that it has not been opened yet and didn't know when it will be.

I have to leave Canada on August. 15.

Is it possible for them to open it and send pr card before Aug.15?

Moreover, if I leave without pr card, do I have to apply again when I return, b/c their website mentions that pr card will be not sent outside Canada?

Any relative comment will be greatly appreciated.
It is possible, however not probable. Are you way beyond meeting your RO days or very close in days? In other words, how many days did you apply to renew with? If you leave without your PR card you won't have to reapply when you return, but you will need to file for a PRTD (unless you are visa exempt and can travel as a visitor)to get back. They may send your card to a local office for pickup, but if you don't return to pick it up then you will have a problem and need to file again.

jun1

Jul 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply.

There is no problem in RO days, even if I am outside of Canada for 1year.
However, can I file for a PRTD, during the time that I applied a new pr card, but old one is expired?
I am sure that I am visa exempt. But can I enter Canada as a visitor without telling a situation that I have a status of permanent resident, but no PR card?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
jun1 said:
Thank you so much for your reply.

There is no problem in RO days, even if I am outside of Canada for 1year.
However, can I file for a PRTD, during the time that I applied a new pr card, but old one is expired?
I am sure that I am visa exempt. But can I enter Canada as a visitor without telling a situation that I have a status of permanent resident, but no PR card?
You only need to worry about the visitor status to board the plane, if you are visa exempt. Once you arrive in Canada, you use your COPR and expired PR card along with receipt of payment for a renewal to show to CBSA.