+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to apply for MSP "New Immigrant"

Krwin@23

Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone, My Wife and Son(6 months old) just recently arrived here in Vancouver(week ago) as a "new immigrant" I'm the Husband(PR Holder) who sponsored them to get here. Would it be possible to apply them under my name on my MSP card? And can We use it right away or atleast to visit a Doctor?

Please Help me.

I'm just afraid with the weather condition here specially for my Son.

Thank you so much !!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They have COPR or at the very least AOR? There is a residency requirement prior to MSP which may mean you cannot use it right away, but you can enroll them provided there is some proof from the government that they are on the way to PR or have their own PR.

You cannot add them to your card. They must have their own MSP records.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hello everyone, My Wife and Son(6 months old) just recently arrived here in Vancouver(week ago) as a "new immigrant" I'm the Husband(PR Holder) who sponsored them to get here. Would it be possible to apply them under my name on my MSP card? And can We use it right away or atleast to visit a Doctor?

Please Help me.

I'm just afraid with the weather condition here specially for my Son.

Thank you so much !!
For BC the requirement is that they live here for 3 months before they can get it. You can apply immediately but wont get it till after 2 -3 months. I applied for my daughter immediately she came in June ending and got it in September. It took 2 and half months