+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I receive confirmation that additional documents were received?

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hello,

About 3 weeks ago CIC asked me for an additional PCC and certified translation. I submitted the document 10 days ago and the translation 7 days ago via webform (Case specific enquiry - replacement of documents). I also had my medical done at the same time and sent the confirmation via webform as well. My GCkey and ECAS are showing that I passed the medical, but so far I have received no confirmation that the other documents have been received. Is this normal? About how long should it take for this change to be reflected online?

Thanks for any insight!

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
When I did it I got a generic email a day or so later saying the document had been received.. and gcas changed to reviewing additional documents... if the translation is needed and it was sent via webform you need to wait upwards of a month for a response from them

Reactions: Mjg0503

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
When I did it I got a generic email a day or so later saying the document had been received.. and gcas changed to reviewing additional documents... if the translation is needed and it was sent via webform you need to wait upwards of a month for a response from them
Thanks. The document was multilingual and mostly translated, but I submitted a certified translation of the embassy stamp, etc. a few days later. Both were done via webform because I couldn't upload the documents directly in GCKey. I wonder if I should be concerned that I haven't received any generic email that the documents have been received?

Last edited:

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks. The document was multilingual and mostly translated, but I submitted a certified translation of the embassy stamp, etc. a few days later. Both were done via webform because I couldn't upload the documents directly in GCKey. I wonder if I should be concerned that I haven't received any generic email that the documents have been received?
I'm guessing as you didnt do it via gckey then they dont know you've specifically given them the documents, hence no email. Since you did it via webform, you just have to wait for them to get to it in order to get confirmation... its anywhere from 1 week to a month in waiting for a response

phaniroy123

Feb 7, 2021
Hello,

About 3 weeks ago CIC asked me for an additional PCC and certified translation. I submitted the document 10 days ago and the translation 7 days ago via webform (Case specific enquiry - replacement of documents). I also had my medical done at the same time and sent the confirmation via webform as well. My GCkey and ECAS are showing that I passed the medical, but so far I have received no confirmation that the other documents have been received. Is this normal? About how long should it take for this change to be reflected online?

Thanks for any insight!
I also received additional document request and i uploaded through my CIC account and I did not get any confirmation message after that. Its been already 1 month

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I submitted additional documents on the 27th of January 2021 and I got confirmation today 16th March 2021 more than a month .

phaniroy123

Feb 7, 2021
I submitted additional documents on the 27th of January 2021 and I got confirmation today 16th March 2021 more than a month .
They gave me option to upload my document through gc key after i uploaded them i did not get any confirmation message

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Just got confirmation. No email, it just shows they were received in GCKey. Took about 2 weeks to show up.

phaniroy123

Feb 7, 2021
I uploaded my document through gc key on February 13th and the status shows submitted but no confirmation message

nubeado

May 21, 2021
I feel like they just want to delay the processes, really they asked for a document I already provided with a certified translation. Basically this second time I just uploaded it directly in English and french. Already 3 months since, the website is still with the same status, we need additional documents. To be honest the worst part is not waiting is the website and statuses make no sense at all. If the systems would auto change to something like documents uploaded or something, you would just think there is nothing to be done on your side, but I am pretty sure they are just playing around with statuses so it doesn't count time on their processing time.

Preena.rachel

Jul 4, 2022
I feel like they just want to delay the processes, really they asked for a document I already provided with a certified translation. Basically this second time I just uploaded it directly in English and french. Already 3 months since, the website is still with the same status, we need additional documents. To be honest the worst part is not waiting is the website and statuses make no sense at all. If the systems would auto change to something like documents uploaded or something, you would just think there is nothing to be done on your side, but I am pretty sure they are just playing around with statuses so it doesn't count time on their processing time.
When did your status Finally change?