+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I get my medical test done?

Vaish123

Sep 8, 2017
Hi There,

Can someone please tell me when I should get my medical test done? I have received an invitation and no have to submit my PR application. Should I do the medical test before submitting PR application or will I have to wait for IRCC to ask me to go for a medical?

I am confused by this statement in the CIC website.

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application.
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 daysof receiving these instructions.

Someone please help explain.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ignore those instructions. Get your medicals done before submitting your e-APR, failing to do so will result in cancelation of your application due to incompleteness.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

Can someone please tell me when I should get my medical test done? I have received an invitation and no have to submit my PR application. Should I do the medical test before submitting PR application or will I have to wait for IRCC to ask me to go for a medical?

I am confused by this statement in the CIC website.

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application.
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 daysof receiving these instructions.

Someone please help explain.

Thanks
Your source is for general, in which there is a link to find the info for specific program where you can trace EE requirement. ("Check the application instructions for the program you are applying for to know when to get your exam.")

Just a favour to save you some times. Roll to medical exams section:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html