+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When shipping goods, as a landing candidate do we give copr to the shipping company?

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi everyone!.

Question: So when landing first time into canada, do we give our visa copy or copr to the moving company? Or just the visa would suffice?..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone!.

Question: So when landing first time into canada, do we give our visa copy or copr to the moving company? Or just the visa would suffice?..

Any thoughts?

Thanks
No, you don't provide shipping company any of those, and they won't care them neither.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, you never give your CoPR to anyone.

What you will give them (if they ask) is the copy of the stamped goods to follow form and the BSF form that CBSA gives you. Just a copy, you keep the originals with you. The shipping company will let you know if they need this.

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
So, is it okay to land and also get the goods shipped before i land because they will take time to ship them anyway ? How would i give the bsf form if i havent landed yet and even completed landing ?

Reactions: mona247

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No, you never give your CoPR to anyone.

What you will give them (if they ask) is the copy of the stamped goods to follow form and the BSF form that CBSA gives you. Just a copy, you keep the originals with you. The shipping company will let you know if they need this.
I have the similar questions -
1) Stamped goods to follow and BSF form won't be available if the goods need to shipped across before we land for the first time. What are the other alternatives? Mostly all used home stuff with hardly anything new is it ok to just ship it off to a relatives address in Canada before first landing? No customs issues?
2) Above 10k CAD cash needs to be declared when we land for the first time. If someone is moving with a family of 4 by no means 10k would be enough, is it ok to carry about 35k CAD and openly declare it or there will some tax implications? Alternative is it possible to transfer the cash into my relatives account before we land? So that we don't have to carry the actual cash?

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. There are no customs issues because a new settler is allowed to bring in anything he likes without paying any duties. This is a one-time thing. I'm not sure how it would work if your goods are being shipped separately. My assumption is that you will land before the goods, so you will naturally have the BSF form and can email it to your shipper. I'm sure an experienced shipper will be able to answer this question, just contact a few and ask.

2. There are no tax implications for bringing money yourself. Again, you are allowed to bring in any amount the first time you land, even millions of dollars. You just need to declare any cash above 10k (cash you're carrying, not cash in a bank account). As far as transferring into a relative's account does, I don't know. Depending on the amount, he may or may not be asked questions when it comes time for his next tax return.