+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When ready to settle in Canada.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello,
Does anyone know what would be the timeframe to enter Canada once i tell them that i am ready to travel snd settle? Is it a matter of weeks? Months? Thank you

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I have a copr thats expires in december, but not ready to settle this year and soft landings ate not allowed.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Ah, now things are beginning to come into focus. If you are planning to come before your copr expires you don't need to tell anyone anything. If you were planning to let your copr expire in the hopes of a deferral . . . that might work. There have been many tales of soft landings on this forum. Are you sure that's not an option?

computer_leprechaun

Sep 9, 2020
Ask around. I can tell you only what I've seen of this forum.
Here's a search for soft landing in the subject
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/3758510/?q=soft+landing&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance
Soft landing info from before COVID is not likely to help. The policy changed when the border lockdown began to disallow soft landings in most cases. You may still be able to do it - in that you may not be asked any questions about why you're coming at that moment - but there is no guarantee you won't be turned away, especially if you are coming from somewhere other than the US.

If you have the means, you can try a soft landing. If they let you in, they let you in. In the worst case, as far as I understand, you will just be asked to return home and not come in right then - unless you lie, probably no consequences bigger than that. But it's a gamble.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Can’t lie, don’t gamble. But on the other hand am i risking losing my copr if i don’t land before december ?? Settling permanently is not an option before next summer..

computer_leprechaun

Sep 9, 2020
Can’t lie, don’t gamble. But on the other hand am i risking losing my copr if i don’t land before december ?? Settling permanently is not an option before next summer..
You are risking it, but I think the risk is relatively low. Contact IRCC and explain the situation, then contact them again when you're ready to go. The policy for COPR extensions has, I think, been relaxed somewhat due to the circumstances. Your other option is to attempt a landing and hope you are given the okay.