+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is the right time to apply for PR when you are on a student visa?

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
can u apply for PR just after receiving a student visa in your native country and leave for Canada to study?

what should be the right time to apply for PR if you are now planning to study in Canada but at the same time want to be settle there in the long run. Assuming I have enough mark to qualify to apply under skilled worker category.

PPM?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sadruddin said:
can u apply for PR just after receiving a student visa in your native country and leave for Canada to study?

what should be the right time to apply for PR if you are now planning to study in Canada but at the same time want to be settle there in the long run. Assuming I have enough mark to qualify to apply under skilled worker category.

PPM?

1. You might as well wait to see what jobs are on the list for processing, sometime in the fall, if your skills are not on the list, it probably is pointless to apply. There is always the Canadian Experience Class, but nothing has been released on that yet either.
2. Once the list is published, it will give you a better idea.
3. It also depends on whether you need adaptability points from studying and/or working in Canada.
4. If you are just getting your degree, then it is pointless to apply until you have that degree.
5. There are just so many variables in everyones situation, and no blanket statement can tell you when to apply

PMM

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
Given that the applicant has maximum adaptibility points (being my spouse as masters and i've brother as canadian citizen) and fully eligible to apply, he/she is willing to persue a PhD in Chemistry and wants to be settle there after that, when should the applicant apply for PR - Before or After getting Student Visa for PhD? Assuming After, when is the right time?....Once he/she land there in Canada or can not do so before earning a degree from there?

Any Guidance?