+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is the date permanent residence was granted?

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
I'm an inland applicant and was emailed that I was a permanent resident in October and later directed to the PR portal to submit my photo and address. I assumed this was my date of becoming a PR.

I just got my eCOPR yesterday and it says my date of becoming a PR was yesterday.

So going forward, should the eCOPR date be my PR date?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
IMO, your approval date is similar in getting a final decisoin made email before the time of virtual landing.
And the eCOPR date is more like your "landing" date. So officially, you became PR on your landing date.

Others, please comment if I made the wrong assumption.

Reactions: lukeortolani

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
it should be e COPR date , when you get decision mail, usually there is time lag for receipt of e COPR, could be few hours and due to time zones it end up being next day. Once you receive PR card it states date of becoming PR which is écopr date

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm an inland applicant and was emailed that I was a permanent resident in October and later directed to the PR portal to submit my photo and address. I assumed this was my date of becoming a PR.

I just got my eCOPR yesterday and it says my date of becoming a PR was yesterday.

So going forward, should the eCOPR date be my PR date?
I'm guessing that if you go back and read that email it did not say that you were a permanent resident, but that you were approved and only a few more steps to take. If you think it did say that, please quote and paste the text exactly here, just removing name and UCI# etc.

If so, that is definitely NOT the day you became a PR.

And therefore it is the date on the COPR.