+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is PCC checked?

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Folks,
Does anyone know at what stage of the application process(eligibility, before/after medical etc....)Police clearance certificates are looked at? Just don't want to be in a situation where they ask me to submit new ones at the very end of the process......

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
byrwus said:
i think it is looked at more than once.

If the process of getting PCC is not expensive in the place that relates to you, get one 4,5 months after AOR.
You will be ready to send it the day they call for it.

I myself was asked for a new PCC at the very end of the process. We have seen people asked just a few weeks after AOR.
if its looked at more than once lets say with a gap of 6 months then everyone will have to submit thier PCC twice.....
mine were about to expire before i sent them. since then a lot has happened:
- Got my AOR
- medical
- Got married, added spouse
- Spouse medical
- paid RPRF
- ECAS showing " Medical results have been recieved"

Does anyone know exactly what the deal is with these PCC. Do you think they will ask for PPC again?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are on the final stages already. RPRF paid, was it upfront or have they requested it already? It is quite unlikely that they will ask for your PCC after RPRF request...

Have you updated them regarding your marriage? Did you submit proper documentations?

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
-I was almost at the end of my PR process (medicals, RPRF completed) when i got married.
-So i informed CIC about the change in my family composition.
-They then sent me an email with a list of additional documents to submit and also pay RPRF for spouse.
-3 weeks later i got another email asking my wife to go for Medical
- Medicals completed and since May 20th ,2014 ECAS now shows " Medical results have been recieved"

So that's where we are sitting at right now....... Hope no side swipe now with PCC

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Qorax has mentioned in one of his posts that security checks are done after medicals. Do you know if PCC is revisited again at this stage?
applying for PCC is a pain in the butt and can easily take 2 months....

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
byrwus said:
only a slim minority is asked for PCC again.
In Most cases CIC asks for PCC for countries where you were for more than 6 months.
For The main PCC from your country of birth CIC is usually satisfied with the initial PCC.
I hope so...