Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Has anybody got a clue of first draw? Its Jan 31 and I do not see any news on CIC website.
::) ???

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
I really hoped we will come to know something before 12 noon today..the hope is fading away now... please for god sake..say something...why are you not talking to me...did i do anything wrong? :p

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
I really hoped we will come to know something before 12 noon today..the hope is fading away now... please for god sake..say something...why are you not talking to me...did i do anything wrong? :p
Judging by CICs track record I wouldn't get your hopes up.

abhishishir

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
curious_123 said:
The Canada Gazette is already published and there is nothing about express entry draws in ministerial instruction. I think since the Job match facility is not working, the draws won't happen soon. The Idea of the whole Express entry is to invite people who do not struggle in settling down and they already have a direction in way of Job or Provincial Nomination. That's my perception....but only CIC knows what it is upto

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
I wouldn't expect CIC to announce anything right now. The draw has been postponed to an undetermined date. Probably they are buying themselves some time to finalize the rest of applications submitted in December and they are tweaking the system. Moreover, I believe they wanna give some time for the pool to get bigger and to choose the most competent applicants.
Honestly, I am not happy with the fact that they didn't meet their deadline, and they didn't even come up with an announcement explaining the whole situation and giving the applicants a timeline they would expect their applications to be assessed at. The act gives the impression that they have no obligation whatsoever to any rules, that is why all of us are disappointed.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
doc_mady said:
I wouldn't expect CIC to announce anything right now. The draw has been postponed to an undetermined date. Probably they are buying themselves some time to finalize the rest of applications submitted in December and they are tweaking the system. Moreover, I believe they wanna give some time for the pool to get bigger and to choose the most competent applicants.
Honestly, I am not happy with the fact that they didn't meet their deadline, and they didn't even come up with an announcement explaining the whole situation and giving the applicants a timeline they would expect their applications to be assessed at. The act gives the impression that they have no obligation whatsoever to any rules, that is why all of us are disappointed.
Totally agree. But again, until yesterday they were replying to tweets and saying draw will happen before the end of month. If they weren't sure, they wouldn't even have replied to the tweets. May be they wanna do the draw at midnight to let majority of people chance. This is so confusing, because they clearly mentioned that they'll release the details of each draw beforehand. Haven't got a clue what's going on. Whatever it is, it is just so frustrating.

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
doc_mady said:
Agreed..

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
I'm not happy either. It's not clean on their part and I thought they had better standards.

But keep in mind immigration is not a right we have. They are choosing to open their country to us, but there is nothing they have to do. If they want to close EE and FSW right now, they can. Ministerial instructions have that power.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc_mady said:
I agree with you... Also, it is a bit unprofessional from their side not to give public notice - "draw is postponed, we will come shortly with new information", and that is it...
However - I also believe pool is too small, much smaller than expected, and there are still loads of FSW pending... I can see Vienna office (the slowest one) is issuing PERs heavily, so they are cleaning up the tail first for sure...
Also, I am not expecting the draw to be announced before end of February... However, I expect a public notice from country like Canada - this silence would not even happen in the banana-state I am living at... It is embarrassing, at least...

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
boske83 said:
I agree with you... Also, it is a bit unprofessional from their side not to give public notice - "draw is postponed, we will come shortly with new information", and that is it...
However - I also believe pool is too small, much smaller than expected, and there are still loads of FSW pending... I can see Vienna office (the slowest one) is issuing PERs heavily, so they are cleaning up the tail first for sure...
Also, I am not expecting the draw to be announced before end of February... However, I expect a public notice from country like Canada - this silence would not even happen in the banana-state I am living at... It is embarrassing, at least...
It is unprofessional. But I would expect that from the banana-state I'm living in ;).

Just a correction: it's not the VO that issues PERs. It's the CIO. And yes, FSW2014 will run slower once EE kicks in.

But there will be some time before the application reaches the VO. At least 2 months I expect. The thing is, with EE you have to submit MR + PCC + RPRF upfront. And that's going to save a lot of time at the VO stage.

And they are not committed to handle PRs within 6 months. Their promise is 80% of applications within 6 months.

cecorpnp

Dec 29, 2014
Got an email form CIC this morning saying my Application(EE*********) has been updated please sign check your mycic account and check your application status and messages for more information. I logged in and dont see any changes! Anyone else received any email?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
idefix said:
It is unprofessional. But I would expect that from the banana-state I'm living in ;).

Just a correction: it's not the VO that issues PERs. It's the CIO. And yes, FSW2014 will run slower once EE kicks in.

But there will be some time before the application reaches the VO. At least 2 months I expect. The thing is, with EE you have to submit MR + PCC + RPRF upfront. And that's going to save a lot of time at the VO stage.

And they are not committed to handle PRs within 6 months. Their promise is 80% of applications within 6 months.
One word UNPROFESSIONAL

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
cecorpnp said:
Got an email form CIC this morning saying my Application(EE*********) has been updated please sign check your mycic account and check your application status and messages for more information. I logged in and dont see any changes! Anyone else received any email?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-message-from-cic-t268168.0.html