+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is final decision after you partner is approved as a sponsor?

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
My partner has received an email saying that he was approved as a sponsor. The email said that I (the principal applicant) would be contacted separately. It's been a few days and I haven't received anything. How quickly after sponsor approval do you get the final decision on the application?

Thanks!

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
As of today the standard processing time is 12 months, so you can expect a decision anytime less then or equal to 12 months the day you submitted your application!

Reactions: Ponga

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I should have been clearer. We received AOR and first-stage approval months ago. This new email states he's specifically approved for the common-law sponsorship. So it seems that we're advancing further in the immigration process. I was wondering how long it took others to get the decision after that email

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Listen, your sponsor got approval doesn’t mean you’ll get approval. It’s still a waiting game, give or take between one to two months after he gets the approval you’ll get a letter stating if you’re approved or not.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I should have been clearer. We received AOR and first-stage approval months ago. This new email states he's specifically approved for the common-law sponsorship. So it seems that we're advancing further in the immigration process. I was wondering how long it took others to get the decision after that email
I received Sponsor Approval on March 9th, still Eligibility and Background checks are in progress

Vinoth1302

Jul 16, 2017
Trichy
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
12/07/2017
Hi,

I have applied for spousal sponsorship PR everything has been completed as per PR tracker on Nov 30th 2023 but after that we didn’t get any update on our file.

Do we know how long it will take for the final decision ?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for spousal sponsorship PR everything has been completed as per PR tracker on Nov 30th 2023 but after that we didn’t get any update on our file.

Do we know how long it will take for the final decision ?

Thank you
You are waiting for final decision and for COPR or virtual decision. Could be a few weeks from Nov 30th to a couple of months especially given the holidays.

Vinoth1302

Jul 16, 2017
Trichy
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
12/07/2017
You are waiting for final decision and for COPR or virtual decision. Could be a few weeks from Nov 30th to a couple of months especially given the holidays.
Final decision and copr