+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When I will get my Visa.........(URGENT HELP REQUIRED)

Fatimaa Shah

May 7, 2018
I'm a Software Engineer and belong from Pakistan. I have 5 yrs of experience. I have been accepted in University of Ottawa for Master's Program for Winter'18. I've applied on 15th of Oct, 2017 for a study permit. In mid of Nov'17 I got an email from CIC to submit directly to Abu Dhabi Embassy:

1. My father's bank statement directly to Abu Dhabi Office (Because my father lives in Dubai)
2. Proof of UAE Residency
3. Employment Reference Letter

I got +ve because they replied me much earlier than I expected. My consultant told me to give upfront medical so I gave an upfront medical in December'17.

Uptill now, I didn't receive any update from CIC. I asked my consultant to send reminders to them. He send a reminder and after 3 weeks I got a same email that my case is in queue for processing.

A week ago, I come here in dubai to meet my father and I received a call from my consultant that I have just receive a call from VO and he wants to have a telephonic interview with you. My consultant forward my UAE contact number to the VO. Till now, I didn't get any call.

It's been almost 8 months, I'm waiting for my visa approval. Is there any expert here, I will be thankful to you guys for your advice and suggestion.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
applying for the gcms notes doesn't stop you from receiving the interview call but to satisfy curiosity, you can be patient a little

was a study permit you applied for?

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
I'm a Software Engineer and belong from Pakistan. I have 5 yrs of experience. I have been accepted in University of Ottawa for Master's Program for Winter'18. I've applied on 15th of Oct, 2017 for a study permit. In mid of Nov'17 I got an email from CIC to submit directly to Abu Dhabi Embassy:

1. My father's bank statement directly to Abu Dhabi Office (Because my father lives in Dubai)
2. Proof of UAE Residency
3. Employment Reference Letter

I got +ve because they replied me much earlier than I expected. My consultant told me to give upfront medical so I gave an upfront medical in December'17.

Uptill now, I didn't receive any update from CIC. I asked my consultant to send reminders to them. He send a reminder and after 3 weeks I got a same email that my case is in queue for processing.

A week ago, I come here in dubai to meet my father and I received a call from my consultant that I have just receive a call from VO and he wants to have a telephonic interview with you. My consultant forward my UAE contact number to the VO. Till now, I didn't get any call.

It's been almost 8 months, I'm waiting for my visa approval. Is there any expert here, I will be thankful to you guys for your advice and suggestion.
U applied from Pakistan or dubai VFS ???
I got my decision in 2 weeks from abu dhabi..
It wont take more than 8 weeks..CIC web page show the exact days of processing.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I don't have anything to add except that rejections typically occur in 4-6 weeks. If your case takes longer, they're probably doing some background checks. You mention you applied in Oct for Winter 18. They probably knew that your university would defer and October submission is late for a Winter admission so it was a low priority for them.

Just my two cents based on what I've read on the forum.

Though I can completely understand the frustration of having your life on hold.

Fatimaa Shah

May 7, 2018
I don't have anything to add except that rejections typically occur in 4-6 weeks. If your case takes longer, they're probably doing some background checks. You mention you applied in Oct for Winter 18. They probably knew that your university would defer and October submission is late for a Winter admission so it was a low priority for them.

Just my two cents based on what I've read on the forum.

Though I can completely understand the frustration of having your life on hold.
Yes, It really getting frustrated for me. I've seen many people who got admit for fall 2018 and have their visas stamped on their passport. I don't know why my case is getting late.